I am a breakfast lover. I always have been. Since I was a child, I would always get excited about breakfast each morning. I even loved to make my own breakfast. These days, my...
Ombre Pink Pancakes for Valentine’s Day
Ombre Pink Pancakes for Valentine's Day
Seriously…have you seen anything cuter than these fabulous ombre pancakes? They look and taste amazing plus they are perfect for breakfast. Your kids will love them! We hope that you love these Ombre Pink Pancakes for Valentine's Day.
Ombre Pink Pancakes
- 1 box or package of your favorite pancake mix (For best color adding results, a lighter mix; not wheat will work best)
- Eggs, milk, etc. Many pancake mixes ask for different ingredients so take a quick look before heading to the store. These are usually basics that many people already have on hand.
- Pink food coloring we used this gel in varying strengths
- Prepare the pancake batter as directed then split into three (or however many different colors you would like) even parts. Start by mixing in just a little bit of food coloring into one of the bowls to see the strength of the color.
- Judge from there if you want to add more or less to determine if this will be your light, medium or dark batter. Do the same for the additional bowls of batter.
- Follow package instructions for cooking the pancakes the way you normally would. Try for uniform sizes when making them, using an ice cream scooper will help with this. Stack up and enjoy the love!
PRO TIP: Mix all of your colors before cooking any pancakes. Cook all of the batter from the first bowl before moving on to the other colors. We used a slightly slower heat and did not use butter or oil for obtain the perfect coloring that didn’t brown. The pancakes were still tasty-and you can add the butter when eating.
We hope that you loved these Ombre Pink Pancakes for Valentine's Day. Please know that you can make these delicious pancakes for any holiday just by using different colors of food coloring gel. Happy Valentine's Day!