French Toast Casserole Recipe Hawaiian bread French toast casserole is the perfect way for me to share my favorite bread and breakfast with my family. Years ago I lived in Hawaii. In fact, I...
Maple Cinnamon Peanut Granola Recipe + Happy Morning Hacks
These Happy Morning Hacks were sponsored by Jif. I received Jif product samples for review purposes and made this amazing granola with it. Opinions are my own.
Getting it together each morning is not an easy feat. For years, I have just not been a morning person. I kind of run around like a chicken with my head cut off going from task to task without any sort of direction. Well at least I used to but then I got myself organized and now my mornings run much smoother. I have some hacks that I am sharing today with you in a effort to help you enjoy your mornings a little more each day. Plus we are sharing this fabulous Maple Cinnamon Peanut Granola Recipe.
My Happy Morning Hacks
See that tired woman up there? That used to be me every single day until I streamlined my morning routine with these simple hacks below.
1. Set an alarm.
No matter what time I have to be up each morning, I set my alarm for the same time every day. This keeps my body on a regular schedule and really keeps me from getting that tired.
2. Plan your day the night before.
I cannot believe how much time I could have saved over the years just by doing this simple trick. I lay out my clothes. I pack my lunch and snacks. Then I write a to-do list for the next day. All I do is get up and go each morning.
3. Eat a good breakfast.
We made this amazing Jif Maple Cinnamon Peanut Granola Recipe with the intent of having a hearty breakfast which is always my preference. You can add this to yogurt, eat it right out of the storage container or even add it to the top of pancakes (crunchcakes).
4. Get the sleep you need.
Did you know that the average person needs at least 7 hours of sleep per night? I know that if I don't at least get 7 hours, I am pretty much dragging myself around the next day. Now I plan accordingly and make certain to go to bed at a decent time each night that allows me to get 7+ hours of sleep.
5. Find healthy snacks.
I am always hungry by mid morning and even more so when I go to the gym first. So I always grab some celery and a jar of peanut butter like Jif Cinnamon spread. I get the crunch I like while having a satisfying snack.
Check out our Maple Cinnamon Peanut Granola Recipe below and let us know what you think.
About NEW Jif spreads
The new Jif Flavored Spreads feature Jif Peanut Butter in morning-inspired flavors — maple and cinnamon. You can spread over a piece of toast, add it on top of a favorite pancake recipe or just eat it right from the jar with a little celery. Jif Flavored Spreads are a great addition to your favorite breakfast staples.
With 7g of protein per serving, Jif Spreads are a tasty and satisfying addition to any morning routine. Jif Cinnamon Peanut Butter Spread and Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread are available at grocery stores nationwide for around $2.99
Maple Cinnamon Peanut Granola Recipe
- 4 cups steel oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup JIF Maple Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix together oats, cinnamon, sea salt and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the honey, coconut oil and JIF Maple Peanut Butter. Microwave for 30 seconds on high and stir. You want the mixture to be warm.
- Combine the oat mixture with the peanut butter mixture.
- Using a spatula, press mixture onto a parchment paper lined or silpat covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir well. Press back into baking sheet with a spatula.
- Bake for another 20 minutes and repeat step above.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, remove from oven and let granola sit for 1 hour minimum. You want it to get to room temperature.
- Use the flat edge of your spatula to break up.
Get social with Jif
Check out these fab Jif GIF's on Tumblr
Tweet with Jif on Twitter
Like Jif on Facebook
Follow Jif on Instagram