I am a breakfast lover. I always have been. Since I was a child, I would always get excited about breakfast each morning. I even loved to make my own breakfast. These days, my...
Tiny Heart Pancakes for Valentine’s Day
Tiny Heart Pancakes for Valentine's Day
My children love pancakes. So do their parents. We make a lot of pancakes at home and sometimes we experiment with new recipes. These Tiny Heart Pancakes are perfect for Valentine's Day or really any day. They look really great and they are pretty easy to make. You could even experiment with other shapes and/or colors. We hope that you love these adorable Tiny Heart Pancakes for Valentine's Day.
Tiny Heart Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix (or your favorite pancake mix)
- 1 cup of milk (we used almond milk for more flavor)
- 2 egg
- Food coloring of your choice, we used Wilton Icing Color in Red (liquid)
- Whisk the eggs together, add milk and Bisquick, mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Make the pancakes according the box instructions-with one two quick steps between pouring and flipping.
- Before starting, ladle out about a ½ cup of mix into a bowl and add a dash of the food coloring. Mix until the coloring is fully developed in the batter.
- We used a small liquid medicine dispenser (if you do not have any on hand, ask your local pharmacy for one or You may also use a small spoon to drop in the colored batter) to add small drops of color. Add the drops evenly spaced or sporadically across the top of the uncooked batter for each pancake.
- Do one pancake at a time to make sure they do not cook faster then you’re able to swirl them.
- Use a toothpick to pull a line through the drop creating the ‘heat’ shapes. To do this, start with just the tip of the pick in the ‘normal’ colored batter and carefully pull all the way through the colored drop and back into the normal color. We did this in one continuous swirl around each pancake vs one drop at a time. This make the process faster and smoother.
- As soon as this step is done and the pancake is ready to flip move forward as you normally would with making pancakes. The hearts will show through on the ‘bottom’ side of each pancake.
We hope that you are inspired by these Tiny Heart Pancakes for Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day.