20 DIY Lamps and Lighting Projects Lighting is one of the most important things in your home in my opinion. At least it is in our home. We live in a mid century modern...
DIY Unicorn Bath Dust | Fizzy & Sleepy Time Bath Bombs
DIY Unicorn Bath Dust
The world loves a good unicorn, don't they? This unicorn trend is a fun trend that is most likely not going away any time soon. So we have embraced our unicorn loving household and wanted to share some of our favorite Unicorn DIY's and unicorn recipes. We hope that you love these DIY Unicorn Bath Dust Fizzy & Sleepy Time Bath Bombs.
I have some notes about scent and there are tons of suggestions below on a regular scented bath bomb and those with more scent. I prefer lighter, cleaner scents with my bath bomb so I love the lemon and orange combinations below. My mother loves anything floral so she gets either lavender, rose, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile or geranium. Those all have really nice floral scents. I also add the additional scents for her because she always like a lot of scent. My daughter prefers a clean, easy scent so she chooses tea tree oil or vanilla.
DIY Unicorn Bath Dust
Ingredients & Supplies
- cosmetic grade glitter (make sure you use one that is safe for skin)
- ¼ cup magnesium flakes
- jar or container
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons citric acid
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- food coloring
- essential oils 3-4 drops each (pick one oil): orange essential oil | lemon essential oil | lavender essential oil | vanilla essential oil | rose essential oil | tea tree oil | Ylang ylang essential oil | Chamomile essential oil | Egyptian Geranium essential oil
Boost the scent with essential oil combinations for additional scent layering (use these recipes or create your own):
3-4 drops orange essential oil + 2 drops Bergamot essential oil
3-4 drops lemon essential oil + 2 drops lime essential oil
3-4 drops lemon essential oil + 2 drops lemongrass essential oil
3-4 drops vanilla essential oil + 2 drops of Vanilla Oleoresin essential oil
3-4 drops lavender essential oil + 2 drops of Lavandin essential oil
3-4 drops lavender essential oil + 2 drops of basil essential oil
- Set up all of your supplies, including dishes for the different colors.
- Add one drop of food coloring to each of the dishes except one, leave one white.
- In a larger bowl mix the baking soda and citric acid together with your hands.
- Slowly add a little water at a time to the mix until it is just barely wet enough that it will hold together
when you squeeze it.
- Quickly split the mixture into the different dishes and mix well with the drop of food coloring.
- Then allow the dishes to air dry a bit, stir them every now and then to keep them in smaller chunks. They should be dry in about 10 to 15 minutes if the pieces are small enough.
- Layer the fizzing colored mixtures into the jar along with the cosmetic glitter and magnesium. You’ll want to plan to use this the same day that you make it as they magnesium flakes will start to break down when mixed with the other ingredients.
- When ready to enjoy simply sprinkle over a warm bath and soak for about 15 to 20 minutes.
We hope that you are inspired by this DIY Unicorn Bath Dust. Happy creating!