HALLOWEEN DOILY SPIDER WEB BANNER SUPPLIES NEEDED: Assorted white doilies (Find these at thrift stores or the dollar section at Michael’s Craft store) Black or orange ribbon, thin Assorted fake spiders Craft glue Scissors...
St. Patrick’s Day Craft: DIY Leprechaun Beard
If you are looking for a simple craft this St. Patrick's Day that will keep the kids busy, and create a lot of fun afterward, then try this fun leprechaun beard. My daughter and I made this one together, but it seems that after it was made, everyone got in on the action sporting it and being goofy.
- card stock
- dowel rod
- crepe paper streamer
TIP: We were able to find everything we needed at our local craft store. If you already have scissors, pencil and glue on hand, your total cost for this project is around $5. I used a piece of scrap card for this that was left over from a previous craft project.
- Measure the width of a child (or adults face – I made it for both to use), and roughly sketch a beard on the piece of card stock. As you can see it doesn't have to be perfect, and this would make a great task for one of the kids to do.
- Cut out your beard, creating a slight curve in the top section.
- Cut lots of small strips of crepe paper. We cut them roughly three inches wide, but again, no need to measure, your best guess will be perfect.
- Crumple each of the strips of crepe paper and glue them onto the card beard.
- Once finished and dry, turn the beard over and attach the wood dowel rod using glue. It doesn't matter where you put it, it can be diagonal, vertical or on an angle. And there you have it a fun St. Patrick's Day photo prop (that apparently needed a good scratch according to my son).