This Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Recipe post is a sponsored post with Premier Protein and Target. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Recipe Premier Protein has been a staple in my home for the past several...
Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe – A Frosted, Sprinkled Treat Everyone Will Love
The world truly loves a unicorn and this Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe does not disappoint. They would be great for a birthday or a girls event. No matter what kind of unicorn you get, covered in frosting is definitely the best kind.
Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe
*Makes approximately 16 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup Wilton multi-color sprinkles
- Pink, Teal and Purple gel food coloring
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Multi-color cupcake liners
- Mini marshmallows
- Gold sprinkles
- Unicorn Horn Candy Decorations
- Disposable piping bag
- Star frosting tip
- 3 large freezer storage bags
- Plastic wrap
- Kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the 1/2 cup butter, 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and milk, mixing well. Add in 1/8 cup of multi-colored sprinkles and stir lightly to combine. Fill each cupcake about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 18 minutes. If it comes out ‘clean' the cupcakes are done. Remove from the oven and let cool completely prior to decorating.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, combine the powdered sugar, 1/3 cup softened butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Once the frosting has reached your desired consistency divide into 3 small dishes.
- Add 1 drop of gel food coloring to each bowl of frosting and stir to combine. Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap on the counter (you can always trim).
- Fill one freezer bag with one color of frosting. Snip the corner using the kitchen scissors and gently squeeze the frosting out in a long line on the plastic wrap. Repeat step #10 with the other 2 frosting colors.
- Once all the frosting is lined up, gently roll the plastic wrap as shown in the photo. Place in the fridge a few minutes to firm up.
- Attach the star frosting tip to the disposable piping bag. Remove the frosting from the fridge. Cut in half if needed (mine was really long) and place the open end down into the frosting tip. Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag and onto the cupcake in a circular motion. Repeat with all cupcakes.
- Give each cupcake a gold unicorn horn.
- Use the kitchen scissors to cut the mini marshmallows in half and dip the sticky side into the gold sprinkles for ears.