I am a big fan of all things fruit. We eat a lot of fresh fruit. I pack fresh fruit every single day in my kids lunches. When we cannot have fresh fruit, I...
Brown Sugar Glazed Rotisserie Pork Recipe
- Pork Loin (we had two 1 pound pieces)
- 1 Medium Vidalia Onion
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Avocado oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Caramelize 1 medium onion in about ½ to 2/3 cup brown sugar and about 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Cook down until you can smell the sweetness take over and the onions are fully cooked.
- Pour the onions in the thick reduction over your pork loin (we had two pieces, a few pounds total). Spread the mixture over the pork and then pour about ½ cup of avocado oil and 3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil over the pork. Add pepper and salt to your preference and cover. Place in the fridge for two full days (make sure the date on the meat supports that timeframe for the marinade).
- We used the rotisserie attachment for our grill, not easy to clean, but totally worth it! I started with high heat for about 5 minutes (around 500 degrees) and then lowered down to about 300 for the remainder of the time. About half way through you can brush on a bit more of the left over marinade. If you have a decent amount of the marinade left you can pour it into a pan and reduce it down to make a fantastic finishing sauce.
- Check the temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure it is fully cooked, there are different recommendations depending on how well done you would like it to be. It took about 15 minutes total to cook.
- We then let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.