Our family has been trying to eat healthier, cleaner, and enjoy organic food choices whenever possible. Finding these products over the years as been a challenge, and when we did find them it seemed...
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Ever since the days that my husband worked at Roy's (of Hawaii) and they had their signature chocolate lava cake dessert, I have had a special place in my heart for it.
I love chocolate lava cake. If it is on a menu in a restaurant, I order when I order my food because I know it takes a while to perfectly prepare. I also like to serve mine with vanilla bean ice cream.
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup butter
- ½ Cup Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat Your Oven to 425 degrees F and grease 6 ramekin cups.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in the double boiler or microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and flour together to chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs, yolks and vanilla and stir once again until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly into ramekins and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 13-15 minutes depending on your oven
- Cakes are done when your edges are firm. The center will be runny.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and flip onto plates.
- Best served warm. Enjoy!