I am a big fan of dessert. However, if I am going to consume the calories then 9 times out of 10, I am going for chocolate. I love chocolate. Anything chocolate really. Here...
Fried Ice Cream Recipe with John Wm. Macy’s Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
I knew when I married my husband, that he was a foodie and a dessert lover. I was somewhat of a foodie myself and after several years together, cooking was one of our favorite things to do. We loved trying to new recipes, hitting all of the new restaurants in town and making some of our old favorites. One of my fave recipes has got to be our Fried Ice Cream Recipe. However, we made it even better.
Cheesesticks were one of the recipes that I tried for years to make but I could never quite get them to turn out right. When John Wm. Macy's wanted to work together, I was thrilled. I love nothing better in life than a good piece of cheese. Add a little crunch to that and I might reach foodie nirvana.
John Wm. Macy's sent us this fabulous sampler pack that I literally had to hide from everyone in my family. The pack included:
- One 4-ounce carton of Original Cheddar CheeseSticks
- One 4-ounce carton of Melting Parmesan CheeseSticks
- One 4.5-ounce carton each of Asiago & Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- One 4.5-ounce carton of Sesame Gruyère Cheese Crisps
- One 5-ounce carton of Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
- One 5-ounce carton of Dutch Chocolate SweetSticks
We ate the Original Cheddar and the Dutch Chocolate SweetSticks within an hour of receiving the package. They are THAT good. The Original Cheddar is simply amazing with a sharp, cheesy taste and a delicious crunch. I have never had better CheeseSticks ever. John Wm. Macy's products:
- contain natural ingredients – no artificial flavoring, coloring or preservatives
- are made with 100% real aged cheeses
- are baked twice for “the perfect crunch!”
- are ready to serve and enjoy!
About John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks'
John Macy started with a “snack factory” in his kitchen. In the mid 1970s, just out of college, John started Easy Cook Eaty, a small catering business in Northern California. Never one to choose ready-made appetizers, John created a spicy, twisted breadstick by laminating multiple layers of sharp cheddar cheese and fresh sourdough, hand-twisting strips of the layered dough and baking them twice to a satisfying crunch.
John's “CheeseSticks” appetizers were an instant hit. Balducci’s, then a landmark New York specialty grocer, placed its first order and John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks soon became one of their featured specialty snacks. Other high profile New York institutions including Dean & Deluca, Fairway, Zabars and the Grand Hyatt and Marriott Hotels would follow, and the business was on its way!
John Wm. Macy’s CheeseSticks’ sixty employees are still hard at work today producing “the perfect crunch” in their 50,000 square foot snack factory in northern New Jersey. John's inspiration, the quality of the ingredients and the skill of their employees come together in their unique bakery to make a delicious difference. They believe you will taste that “CheeseSticks difference” in every bite!
Fried Ice Cream Recipe with John Wm. Macy's Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- 1 package Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- whipped cream
- Make small balls with the ice cream (about 1/4 cup each). We used a heated round tablespoon to ball our ice cream. Place the balled ice cream back in the freezer for an hour.
- Rough chop all of the Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks in a food processor. Place the crushed SweetSticks in a bowl and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Wisk in the cinnamon.
- Working quickly, dip one ball of ice cream into the egg white mixture and coat completely. Transfer the ice cream ball from the egg whites (shake off excess) to the crushed SweetSticks. Press the crushed SweetSticks onto the ice cream. Transfer the ice cream ball to a shallow container. Repeat with the remaining ice cream.
- Place the coated ice cream balls in the freezer for 2-3 hours. You want them frozen solid before you fry them.
- To finish the dish, heat a fryer to 375 degrees. Fry the ice cream balls for about 15 seconds each. Place on a serving dish, drizzle with honey. Serve with whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!