This Clementine Shortcake Recipe post is sponsored. We received product, money, or both in consideration for this post. All opinions are our own. Clementine Shortcake Recipe #100DaysofSunshine I'm excited! It's that time of year...
Fried Ice Cream Recipe by Divine Lifestyle
Fried Ice Cream Recipe
I knew when I married my husband, that he was a foodie and a dessert lover. I was somewhat of a foodie myself and after several years together, cooking was one of our favorite things to do. We loved trying to new recipes, hitting all of the new restaurants in town and making some of our old favorites. One of my fave recipes has got to be our Fried Ice Cream Recipe. However, we made it even better by using crushed Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks instead of something like corn flakes.
About John Wm. Macy's Sticks'
John Macy started with a “snack factory” in his kitchen. In the mid 1970s, just out of college, John started Easy Cook Eaty, a small catering business in Northern California. Never one to choose ready-made appetizers, John created a spicy, twisted breadstick by laminating multiple layers of sharp cheddar cheese and fresh sourdough, hand-twisting strips of the layered dough and baking them twice to a satisfying crunch.
Fried Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- 1 package Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- whipped cream
- Make small balls with the ice cream (about 1/4 cup each). We used a heated round tablespoon to ball our ice cream. Place the balled ice cream back in the freezer for an hour.
- Rough chop all of the Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks in a food processor. Place the crushed SweetSticks in a bowl and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Wisk in the cinnamon.
- Working quickly, dip one ball of ice cream into the egg white mixture and coat completely. Transfer the ice cream ball from the egg whites (shake off excess) to the crushed SweetSticks. Press the crushed SweetSticks onto the ice cream. Transfer the ice cream ball to a shallow container. Repeat with the remaining ice cream.
- Place the coated ice cream balls in the freezer for 2-3 hours. You want them frozen solid before you fry them.
- To finish the dish, heat a fryer to 375 degrees. Fry the ice cream balls for about 15 seconds each. Place on a serving dish, drizzle with honey. Serve with whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!