I am not a huge fan of squash on its own. I mean it's ok. But when paired with something and made into risotto? The flavor is amazing! This butternut squash risotto is creamy...
Double Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Chip Filling Recipe
We are chocolate lovers in this house and when it comes to cupcakes, the more chocolate the better. These cupcakes are delicious and look fantastic.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING
1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
¾ cup buttermilk (milk + 1 tsp vinegar added)
1 and ½ cups chocolate chips, melted
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups of white chocolate chips
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
3 and ½ cups powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
8oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add 1 egg in at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Add vanilla extract, buttermilk cocoa powder, and melted chocolate chips.
- Slowly add wet and dry ingredients.
- Fill liners with a little bit of mixture and then some white chocolate chips. Helpful hint: coat the white chocolate chips in flour before adding to the wet mixture. Prevents them from dropping to the bottom of the cupcake.
- Add more mixture on top and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling mix together the frosting. Cream the butter and cream cheese together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar to the frosting and thoroughly mix together.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with slivers of chocolate.
CHOCOLATE FLOURISH DIRECTIONS
- Print out a PDF of the Chocolate Flourish template.
- Lay the PDF file and lay a piece of parchment paper over top of the template.
- To add the flourish to the entire batch of cupcakes you will need about half a bag of chocolate chips
- Melted the chocolate chips in a saucepan (or a microwave) and add a dollop of shortening to the chocolate chips.
- Add the melted chocolate in a ziplock bag and snip a tiny piece out of one of the corners.
- Trace the template (choose which one you will use).
- Store in the freezer until they get hard and trace again how many flourishes you will need.
- Add the hardened chocolate flourishes to the frosted cupcakes.