We recently had a get together to cook out for some friends and family. The menu was none other than beef and anyone who knows my husband knows that is pretty much what he...
Double Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, and comforting to soften the edges of a rough day. Perhaps you need a pretty dessert to bring to a potluck, Or maybe you’re just a chocolate fanatic like I am. Either way this chocolate pound cake recipe fits the bill, rich but not overly sweet.
Pound cake is a terrific versatile dessert, once it’s made-traditional or chocolate, you can have it plain or dress it up so many ways: a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of hot fudge, a dollop of whipped cream, or fruit puree. Don’t forget a delicious hot cup of coffee to top it off!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE
1 cup (or 2 sticks) of butter at room temperature
1/2 stick of butter for greasing pan
1 cup of granulated sugar
5 eggs (I use large, Eggland's Best)
1 1/4 cups Hodgson Mill Organic Naturally White Flour (sifted thoroughly and leveled in measuring cup)
1 1/4 teaspoons of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas 8-oz. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and then lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar on medium-high until very light and fluffy. I use my KitchenAid and do this for about 7-8 minutes.
3. With a silicone spatula, scrape down bowl then beat for about 1 minute more.
4. Add vanilla, gradually add eggs and beat everything well. Scrape bowl.
5. With the KitchenAid on low, add salt, slowly add flour, cocoa powder and beat well. Scrape bowl and fold in chocolate to batter.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake about 55-60 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out of the center without batter sticking to it.
7. Let your cake cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Remove cake from pan and only slice when completely cooled.