Purple potato and local kielbasa skillet This one skillet dish comes together with little cleanup and a lot of love! It’s melty, crispy, sizzly and belly filling, just right for a cold night! PURPLE...
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
There is just something amazing about the smell of freshly baked gingerbread. The taste reminds me of holidays with my family and especially of time I spent with my grandmother.
WITH CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Yields 24 regular size cupcakes
GINGERBREAD CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup molasses
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 cup hot water
CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING INGREDIENTS
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup shortening
¼ cup butter (½ stick)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons almond milk (I used Silk)
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon (sifted)
1 cup Hershey’s Cinnamon baking chips (optional)
GINGERBREAD CUPCAKE DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. With an electric mixer, cream for 2-3 minutes on medium speed or until well combined.
- Add the egg and molasses and mix on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a sifter and add to the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the hot water and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Fill the cupcake liners ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes (rotate halfway through) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the pans on a wire racks and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pleace individual cupcakes on the wire racks and cool completely.
CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM DIRECTIONS
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shortening and butter. Cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Sift in ⅓ of the powdered sugar and cinnamon. It is important to sift to ensure a smooth and silky buttercream.
- Add 1 Tablespoon milk and beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Repeat this step 2 more times.
- Beat for an additional 2 minutes until buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Add frosting to a pastry bag with a decorating tip (or use the Ziploc bag method). I used a Wilton 1M Swirl tip.
- Frost cupcakes. Sift cinnamon lightly on top and sprinkle Hershey’s cinnamon baking chips on top.