I mentioned that I recently co-hosted an event here in Atlanta with P&G. Although the event was small, the impact was large as we got to try many of the P&G products first hand...
Finishing Invisalign Treatment
It has been over a year since I first joined the Invisalign Mom Advisory Board and started Invisalign. About two months ago, I finished my last of trays and am proud to say that I am officially an Invisalign graduate. As adults it's a well-known fact that we can't bury the awkward and embarrassing memories we have of our teenage years, try as we might. The photographs on our parents mantles or stuffed away in an overflowing photo album won't let us forget our blemishes, gawky appearances and questionable fashion sense.
One thing that stands out in my memory as a teenager more clearly than anything else are my own insecurities when it came to my appearance, namely my smile. Unfortunately for me I wasn't blessed with flawless teeth like some of my friends; I have a few imperfections that I always disliked through my growing up years and I never got braces. This is a common problem for children, teenagers and adults alike but especially something that teenagers agonize over.
- Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is free of metal brackets, wires and the discomfort associated with installation.
- Freedom. With traditional metal braces you're weighed down with the rules and regulations that come with maintaining your braces. There are no food restrictions or multiple step processes to cleaning your aligners.
- Straightens your teeth while being virtually invisible without the awkward and sometimes embarrassing metal mouth that could lead to self-consciousness and teasing by peers.
- Office visits only between every 4 to 6 weeks so you're not constantly in and out of the dentist office for adjustments.
- No mouth sores, discomfort or other related injuries that often occur with metal braces. Thanks to the soft plastic material it's made of, your aligners will never cause you pain.
- Treats a wide variety of dental cases such as crowding, gaps, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite.
This has been an amazing year and my teeth have never looked better. I am so thrilled with the way my teeth turned out and they even did a great job of aligning my teeth so I no longer have an overbite. My teeth are perfectly straight. I cannot recommend Invisalign enough and I had an amazing orthodontist.
Even though I have finished the treatment, I will always have to wear the retainer trays at night (just like a braces retainer) but that is a small price to pay for perfect teeth, right? The retainer is very similar to an Invisalign tray but is a little thicker. I have an appointment in a week to make certain that the fit is correct (it is) but it is officially the end of my treatment.
Previous Invisalign Posts
Enter to Win Invisalign or Invisalign Teen Treatment
Get Social with Invisalign
Take a free smile assessment
Find an Invisalign doctor near you
Connect with Invisalign on Facebook
Tweet with Invisalign on Twitter