Nothing says summer to me like freshly squeezed lemonade. However, my kids really prefer the pink lemonade that I make from concentrate because it really tastes soooo delicious. Check out this recipe for these...
Sea Salt Turtle Caramel & Chocolate Ritz Crackers
We love entertaining for the holidays. We love creating new recipes and sharing some old favorites as well as we gather with family and friends during the season because really that is what the holidays are all about to us. Family and friends gathered together.
Ritz crackers have been a part of my life since I was kid. My husband loves them just as much as I do so every year, we make some sort of appetizer with our Ritz. You can check out ours from last year: Southern Shrimp Salad Ritz Toppers or Ham ‘n Swiss Spicy “Jamwiches” on Ritz.
As you can see, we love cooking with Ritz because Ritz crackers can make your holiday moments even richer. There are thousands of possibilities with Ritz. This year we combined sweet and savory with the slightly salty kick of cracker and came up with these Sea Salt Turtle Ritz Crackers. We brought them to a block party and they lasted less than 10 minutes. They really are THAT good. Try them out and let us know what you think.
For the Crackers:
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
- Roasted Pecans
- 1 cup Melted Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Sea Salt
For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 cup water
- Boil the cream and butter in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat. Set Aside.
- Boil the sugar, corn syrup and water in a 3 quart heavy saucepan, stirring constantly until all of the sugar is dissolved. Once the mixture boils, stop stirring and begin gently swirling the pan; keep cooking until the mixture is a light golden color.
- Slowly stir in the cream mixture and bring to a simmer, stirring often. The mixture is done when it reaches 246 – 248 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- To make the Ritz Turtles:
- Dollop about 1 teaspoon of caramel on top of each cracker. Be careful! The caramel is hot!
- Place one toasted pecan on top of the caramel. At this point allow the crackers to rest and cool.
- Once the caramel has set, drizzle melted semi sweet chocolate over each caramel Ritz Garnish with a little sea salt.
- Allow the chocolate to cool, and then enjoy!
RITZ; Life’s Rich.