Women's The North Face City Midi Trench Coat, Size Small – Green Ready for all your big city adventures, this twill trench is sure to keep you dry and comfortable with an adjustable hood...
Common Invisalign Myths
I have been wearing Invisalign for a few months now and I have to say that I am still constantly surprised when people tell me that they had no idea I was wearing them. I get that at least once per day. Please note that I received complimentary Invisalign treatment.
I also get a lot of people telling me that they thought Invisalign was way more expensive than braces so they never considered it. I spend a lot of dispelling myths about Invisalign so I thought that I would take the opportunity this month to discuss those myths here.
ABOUT INVISALIGN TEEN CLEAR ALIGNERS
- Invisalign Teen clear aligners straighten teeth without traditional wires and brackets giving teens the confidence to live life to the fullest while improving their smile.
- Invisalign Teen clear aligners are removable and can straighten teeth without a mouth full of metal and all the disruption and sacrifice that comes with it.
- Invisalign Teen is just as effective as traditional wire and bracket braces and can correct the most common teeth straightening issues — from severe cases to more minor, cosmetic adjustments.
INVISALIGNS MYTH DEBUNKED
Here are some of the common questions that I get about Invisalign. The cost comes up over and over again yet I am always surprised that people have not checked into Invisalign.
Myth: Invisalign can only treat minor or cosmetic issues.
Setting it Straight: Invisalign effectively treats a wide variety of orthodontic issues including severe bite issues. From underbite to crossbite, deepbite to overbite and overly crowded to widely spaced, advancements to Invisalign's patented technology continues to increase the complexity of issues that can be treated.
Myth: Invisalign is more expensive than metal braces OR We can’t afford Invisalign
Setting it Straight: The cost of Invisalign is usually comparable to the cost of traditional braces and many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign just as they would braces — up to 50% of the cost may be covered by insurance. Even if dental insurance doesn’t apply, many doctors will help parents find options to make straightening their child’s teeth more affordable. Many offer flexible and affordable monthly finance plans that can be as low as $99 per month
Myth: If my child loses their aligners, it’s going to cost me an arm and a leg to replace.
Setting it Straight: Invisalign kids lose things, even their aligners! That's why you get up to six FREE replacement aligners with Invisalign Teen.
Myth: Invisalign takes longer to complete than braces.
Setting it Straight: The length of Invisalign treatment is comparable to braces. The average Invisalign journey averages about 12 months for adults. The length of treatment time for teens may vary depending on the severity of the case and can only be determined by a doctor.
Myth: Braces work better than Invisalign.
Setting it Straight: Invisalign Teen was developed with leading orthodontists to correct the most common teeth straightening issues – from severe cases to more minor, cosmetic adjustments. Invisalign Teen’s clear aligners are removable and can straighten teeth without a mouth full of metal and all the disruption and sacrifice that comes with it. With Invisalign, teens look better and feel more confident than they ever could in traditional braces.
INVISALIGN TEEN AT A GLANCE
- Costs about the same as braces.
- Covered by most dental insurance policies just like traditional braces — up to 50% of the cost may be covered by insurance.
- Accounts (HSA's) can be used for Invisalign, making money go farther with pre-tax dollars.
- Teens are actually more compliant in wearing their aligners than adults, and they don't lose them very often either.
- Includes up to six free replacement aligners, although clinical data from orthodontists confirms that teens wear their aligners an average of 21 hours per day, just as recommended.
- Small blue dots, officially called compliance indicators, gradually fade as aligners are worn. It's a quick visual check for doctors, teens and parents to confirm aligners are being worn enough to get results.
ENTER TO WIN AN INVISALIGN COMPLETE TREATMENT HERE!
Now you can enter to win a complete Invisalign treatement for you or your teen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Enter the Mobile friendly sweeps
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR ORTHODONTIST
If you are thinking about Invisalign and/or braces, I encourage you to visit your orthodontist to ask questions about both. Click the picture below to download this handy checklist to take with you on your Invisalign consult.
Take a free smile assessment
Find an Invisalign doctor near you
Connect with Invisalign on Facebook
Tweet with Invisalign on Twitter
Have you brought your child in for an orthodontic consult?
Have you or someone you’ve known used Invisalign?
I am a member of the Invisalign Moms Advisory Board. I am receiving complimentary Invisalign treatment as part of this program. All opinions are my own. Invisalign Mom Advisory Board Disclosure Statement.