I love nothing more than good breakfast food. Breakfast truly is my favorite meal of the day and I savor every moment of it. I absolutely insist that we go out for breakfast every...
Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Everyone likes brownies. That's a given. These Triple Chocolate Brownies, however, are in a whole different category of awesome. You bring these to a bake sale, or a birthday party, or a picnic, and you are the undisputed dessert hero. They're THAT delicious. And I dare you to try to eat just one!
The great thing is that no one needs to know how simple they are to make. If you can make brownies from a box, you can whip up these scrumptiously gooey triple chocolate brownies quickly and in less than an hour!
You may want to double this recipe, especially if are cooking for a crowd. They're irresistible!
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix, any brand, prepared according to package directions
- 1 jar chocolate frosting, any type (you can make your own, but in this case, it is quicker and easier to use the pre-made stuff)
- 2-3 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips (you could also try the dark chocolate chips if you'd like if milk chocolate seems too sweet)
1. Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package (being sure to use a 9″x13″ pan), and let cool in the pan.
2. When the brownies are completely cool, stir up the frosting in the jar, and spread a thick layer over the entire pan of brownies.
3. Spread the mini-marshmallows in a layer 1-2 marshmallow thick over the frosted brownies.
4. In a glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for approximately 90 seconds, stirring once in the middle, until they are completely melted.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the marshmallows. It should be a thin layer. You may need to use a flat spatula to gently spread it over the whole marshmallow layer.
6. When the chocolate cools, it will harden, leaving a crunchy layer of chocolate on top, and a gooey, marshmallow-y, creamy center.