Chocolate Chip Brioche with Georgia Pecans Bread Pudding Recipe Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. However, I usually only eat it in restaurants because I could never find a recipe that I...
Southwestern Deviled Eggs Recipe with Chorizo
We love hosting parties around here, and we love cooking and creating new recipes. Deviled eggs are one of my favorite recipes to make because I have a delicious recipe from my grandmother. Every time I bring them somewhere, I get asked for the recipe. This time, we wanted to add our favorite cheese and southwestern flavors into our deviled eggs to make something even more amazing. They came out absolutely delicious, and were gone in minutes. We hope that you love our Southwestern Deviled Eggs Recipe.
This is one of those delicious appetizers that can serve as a meal in a pinch and makes a great snack as well.
- 6 Large Brown Large Organic Eggs, boiled, halved, and yolks reserved
- 1 container Boursin Monterey Jack & Spicy Pepper Cheese Dip
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Turn the heat to high and bring the eggs to a boil. Once this happens, turn off the flame and cover. Allow the eggs to rest in the hot water for 15 minutes. Then transfer the eggs to an ice bath (ice and water) and allow them to cool for about and hour. Then peel the eggs, cut in half lenghwise, and use the yolks in the filling.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the egg whites) together in a bowl until smooth.
- Pipe into the cooked egg whites.
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the cilantro and oil in a blender. Blend on high until all of the cilantro is pureed.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve or coffee filter (coffee filter will take a while).
Topping & Preparing your deviled eggs
Prepared Southwestern Deviled Eggs ingredients
- Cilantro oil
- Olde Thompson Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Chorizo sausage, crumbled, sautéed, and cooled
- 1/2 inch pieces of chives
- Place the Southwestern deviled eggs on a serving plate.
- Top each egg with chorizo.
- Drizzle cilantro oil over the eggs.
- Season with the sea salt, cracked peppercorn, and smoked paprika.
- Garnish with the chive pieces.
- Store in a covered Tupperware container in the refrigerator.