This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DOLE Jarred Fruit. We are fruit lovers in this family. We always have fresh fruit and canned fruit around the house. In fact,...
Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
There's nothing more festive than funfetti cupcakes. They are cheerful and fun and so colorful! So when I found this pastel colored sprinkles I knew it was time to make some funfetti cupcakes in the colors of Spring.
This recipe is super easy to make at home, it's also a crowd favorite and literally everyone will ask you for the recipe, that's how good they are.
The secret for the deliciousness in these cupcakes is the frosting. Sure the cupcake base is super moist and fluffy and packed with vanilla flavor but the frosting, oh my! The frosting is the single most fluffy and delicious thing you'll have this week and I'm not even a huge fan of frosting so I'm being completely honest here.
To make the frosting super fluffy and creamy whip up the butter first, really whip it up for a couple of minutes before incorporating the powdered sugar. When you whip up the butter alone you incorporate more air to your frosting and in result get a fluffier one. All it takes is 3 more minutes and the result is totally worth it!
And then the sprinkles, not only they add a beautiful pop of color but they also help cover all the little mistakes that may happen when piping. So you don't need to be a master decorator to have a beautiful cupcake, just cover your mistakes with a healthy dose of sprinkles and no one is going to notice them.
I choose to only add sprinkles to the frosting but you can also incorporate them into the batter to funfetiffy your cupcakes even more. Just add 1/8 Cup of sprinkles to the batter before baking them and that's it.
Once you take them out of the oven wait until they are no longer hot to the touch before decorating them, serve and try to not eat them all by yourself.
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 ½ Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup milk
For the frosting
- 1 Cup softened butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake l¿pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mix the baking powder and the flour together. Set aside.
- In another bowl whip up the butter with the sugar until fluffy (2 minutes) add the eggs and continue mixing.
- In 2 additions add the flour mix and the milk, alternating between the two.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake liners and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch.
- While the cupcakes are cooling down whip up the frosting. Beat the butter on high speed for 3 minutes. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar and the vanilla and continue mixing until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes)
- Place the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. Top with sprinkles.
What's your favorite cupcake flavor? Share it in the comments!