Homemade Nutella Copycat Recipe Nutella is something that absolutely everyone in my family loves. We always have a jar in the house. I have found that it is important to keep some on hand...
Raspberry Ruffle Cupcakes
RASPBERRY RUFFLE CUPCAKES
- 1 box cake mix with their suggested ingredients plus 1 egg and substitute the oil for unsalted butter.FROSTING
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla (depending on how strong you would like the flavor to be).
- 2 sticks/1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature (do not melt)
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups confectioners/powdered sugar sifted
- dash of pink food coloring, we used a powered one in hot pink
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Make this a faster project by using a quality box mix for the cake. Doctor it up by replacing the oil with unsalted butter and adding an extra egg, this will give you a rich, full and delicious cupcake! Follow their instructions for other ingredients, mixing and baking. The result of using the butter and extra egg will be a thick velvety cake batter that is perfectly scoop able for consistently sized cupcakes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to cream the sugar and butter until smooth and airy (usually about 3 minutes depending on temperature of the butter). Add marshmallow, vanilla and raspberry extracts, continue whipping until you have the desired thickness, generally only 1 additional minute. Add the powdered food coloring once the frosting has fully set up, be sure to scrap down the sides and get the bottom corners of the mixing bowl that the paddle might have missed. Fill a piping bag with about half of the frosting, working with less at a time will make the final step easier.
- Use a basket weave tip (one that is either flat or slightly curved). I started in the middle of the cupcake and piped one long ling across the center, then filled each of the other halves going one line at a time. You will start by making a tiny straight part of a line then lift and slightly fold back before moving forward again.
- Practicing on a clean plate before starting on the cupcakes will help you get into the groove and decide what your approach will be. Store in an air tight container large enough that they do not tough one another.