This Clementine Shortcake Recipe post is sponsored. We received product, money, or both in consideration for this post. All opinions are our own. Clementine Shortcake Recipe #100DaysofSunshine I'm excited! It's that time of year...
Funfetti Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
FUNFETTI CUPCAKES WITH FLUFFY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
For the cupcakes:
• 1 and ½ cups of whole wheat pastry flour (can sub with all-purpose)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 large eggs, room temperature
• ¾ cup buttermilk
• ½ cup sprinkles
For the buttercream frosting
• 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 4 and ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 3 tbsp heavy cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs in one at a time.
- Add in the buttermilk.
- Using a plastic spatula fold in the sprinkles. You do not want to damage the pretty sprinkles.
- Bake for 25 minutes (if you are using all-purpose it will need to be about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, cream the butter in an electric mixer for about 8-10 minutes on high. You want the butter to be white color when it is done. This part is very important as it makes the frosting super fluffy.
- Gradually add in all powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium for about 6-7 minutes or until it is fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy.