Almond Joy Brownie Bites Recipe Have you ever asked yourself what do I do with all of this leftover Halloween candy? I don't but I do know that some of y'all never finish all...
Quick and Easy Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
It's that time of year; the weather has gotten cold and the smell of chimney smoke is in the air. Wintertime around the holidays is by far my favorite part of the year, and one of the things that I look forward to the most is the food. It's celebratory and decadent. But decadent doesn't mean difficult, as this Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe proves. With just three ingredients, you will be satisfying that sweet tooth in no time with the delicious taste of peppermint.
- 12 ounces semi sweet milk chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes
- Mint extract
- Parchment Paper
- Baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- Melting Pot (Bain Marie – Nested pots with water in the lower pot. This is used to keep the Chocolate from scalding. Take extra care to keep water from mixing with the chocolate, as this can cause it to seize)
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Add unwrapped candy canes to a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to smash canes into small pieces.
- Set the chocolate melting pot to medium high heat. Add chocolate chips to pot and as soon as the chocolate chips are melted, reduce heat to warm.
- Add two to three drops of mint extract to the chocolate, mixing it in. Take ¾ of the candy cane bits, setting aside the larger pieces for topping, and mix into the melted chocolate.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate onto baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread chocolate out into about ¼ inch thickness. Sprinkle the larger reserved candy cane pieces onto the chocolate. Place chocolate peppermint bark in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until chocolate is completely hardened.
- Us your hands to break the flat sheet of bark out into large pieces. Enjoy immediately or store in airtight bags or tins until ready to eat.
That it! We hope you have enjoyed our Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe! If you enjoyed the recipe and are looking for more inspiration, check out our Mini Apple Pie Bites!