Homemade Nutella Copycat Recipe Nutella is something that absolutely everyone in my family loves. We always have a jar in the house. I have found that it is important to keep some on hand...
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 12 ounces semi sweet milk chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes
- Mint extract
- Parchment Paper
- Baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- Melting Pot
- Prepare the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add unwrapped candy canes to a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to smash canes into small pieces.
- Set the chocolate melting pot to medium high heat. Add chocolate chips to pot and as soon as the chocolate chips are melted, reduce heat to warm.
- Add two to three drops of mint extract to the chocolate, mixing it in. Take ¾ of the candy cane bits, setting aside the larger pieces for topping, and mix into the melted chocolate.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate onto baking tray. Use a spatula to spread chocolate out into about ¼ inch thickness. Place baking tray in refrigerator for about an hour, until chocolate is completely hardened.
- Us your hands to break the flat sheet of bark out into large pieces. Enjoy immediately or store in airtight bags or tins until ready to eat.