15 Pizza Recipes To say that we are big fans of pizza around here is pretty much an understatement. My husband worked with Italian food for over 15 years plus he opened a pizza...
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 12 ounces semi sweet milk chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes
- Mint extract
- Parchment Paper
- Baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- Melting Pot
- Prepare the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add unwrapped candy canes to a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to smash canes into small pieces.
- Set the chocolate melting pot to medium high heat. Add chocolate chips to pot and as soon as the chocolate chips are melted, reduce heat to warm.
- Add two to three drops of mint extract to the chocolate, mixing it in. Take ¾ of the candy cane bits, setting aside the larger pieces for topping, and mix into the melted chocolate.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate onto baking tray. Use a spatula to spread chocolate out into about ¼ inch thickness. Place baking tray in refrigerator for about an hour, until chocolate is completely hardened.
- Us your hands to break the flat sheet of bark out into large pieces. Enjoy immediately or store in airtight bags or tins until ready to eat.