Nutella Stuffed Sugar Muffins Recipe Can we all agree that Nutella Stuffed Sugar Muffins are pretty much a dream come true? I mean they are super easy to whip and are jam packed with...
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
We all love pancakes in this house. I mean what's not to love about pancakes? They are easily one of the all-time favorite breakfast foods.
However, do you know what is in the syrup you are pouring on that golden stack of deliciousness? I have to confess that I was not always certain what kind of syrup I was using. That changed when I was introduced a few years ago to organic pancake syrup. I wanted to make certain that I knew what I was eating.
I was thrilled to partner up with Wholesome Sweeteners to showcase a few of our favorite pancake recipes along with their Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Pancake Syrup. And if you haven't tried this syrup, then you are definitely missing out!
CINNAMON APPLE PANCAKES
- 1 1/4 cups King Arthur white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients, whisking until combined. Do not over mix.
- Let the batter rest without stirring it, touching it, or in any way disturbing it for about 15 minutes. We are giving the baking powder time to do its thing here.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over a medium flame. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, measure out ¼ cup pancakes, and cook. When the edges of the pancakes begin to dry and small bubbles begin to form on the top, flip. Cook another 2-3 minutes and serve. Rinse and repeat with the rest of the batter.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Pancake Syrup
Heat a saute pan over a medium flame. Add the apples and cook until they begin to color. Add the cinnamon and syrup, and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from the flame.
Perfect on pancakes, waffles, crepes, French toast, or drizzled over oatmeal. With all natural ingredients, this is a delicious syrup you can feel good about using and giving your family. So go ahead and pour a little joy to start the day.
Wholesome Sweeteners is the first to make a delicious organic syrup using organic sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup. We also eliminated the preservatives and other ingredients we can't pronounce to create a rich, decadent syrup your whole family will enjoy. Kids love the great taste and moms love the clean ingredient statement.
This syrup is USDA Organic, Non GMO Project Verified, vegan, and kosher so you can indulge on natural deliciousness.