If you have a Halloween event coming up or if you just want to make a fun snack for the kids, these Witches Brooms are just adorable! They are easy to make and even...
Best Buy at 2016 Mom 2.0 Summit + Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe
We recently attended the Mom 2.0 Summit in Laguna Niguel, California and were sponsored by Best Buy. As an ambassador with Best Buy, we had the first look at the beautifully designed suite:
The kitchen and laundry were all by Samsung. Samsung is at the forefront when it comes to technology and we are huge fans of the brand in this house. Simply put we are definite brand enthusiasts when it comes to Samsung and indeed all technology.
I absolutely loved playing around with the fabulous new technology from Samsung. My favorite was the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator which hands down the coolest refrigerator that I have ever seen. In fact, we are getting this fridge later this week and I cannot wait!The Best Buy Suite was definitely the place to be at the Mom 2.0 Summit. The room was packed most of the time and it was completely interactive. You could touch everything and play around with it. They offered cocktails each evening overlooking the ocean.
The booth also had really fun chef demonstrations where I learned a lot about making sauces. We made these fun Vegetable Spring Rolls (recipe below) because we were so inspired by the amazing chefs from the Culinary Institute of America. The sauce was absolutely delicious.
Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage, carrot and green onion
- 2 thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups of bean sprouts
- a small handful cooked rice noodles
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- Mix all the vegetables and other ingredients in a bowl, add a dash of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface, make sure the corner is facing you, it is easier for rolling.
- Put about 1/8 of the filling in the bottom third of the wrapper, bring the pointed edge over the filling, fold in the sides tightly. Dab the top pointed edge with water and roll tightly. Sit aside
- Continue until all spring rolls are wrapped
- Heat cooking oil in deep skillet or heavy bottom pot to about 350 degrees. If the oil is not hot enough the rolls will just absorb it and not crisp up.
- Carefully drop rolls into oil and fry until crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Try mixing up a dipping sauce of teriyaki, ginger, soy sauce and garlic! Enjoy!
Tweet with Best Buy on Twitter
Like Best Buy on Facebook
Check out Best Buy on Pinterest
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.