Berry Danish Recipe One of my husband's favorite things is a berry danish. He loves danishes so much that is actually one of the first things I remember about him. He also loves any...
Vietnamese Pork Spring Rolls Recipe
Vietnamese Pork Spring Rolls Recipe
I really love a good spring roll. I never really realized how much of an Asian influence or how many Asian inspired recipes we have until we started putting them on the blog. We actually have a section of our fridge that is all Asian type sauces including the fish sauce referenced below which is in the majority of our Asian inspired recipes. If you are searching for authentic vietnamese spring rolls, vietnamese crispy spring rolls, a vietnamese egg roll recipe, what is in vietnamese spring rolls, best vietnamese egg roll recipe or even how to make vietnamese pork spring rolls, then our vietnamese fried pork spring rolls are exactly the vietnamese pork spring rolls you need. We hope that you love this Vietnamese Pork Spring Rolls Recipe.
Vietnamese Pork Spring Rolls Recipe | Cha Gio
Makes 70-75 spring rolls
- 3 packages of 25 layer spring roll wrappers
- 1 lbs of ground pork (or blend any cut of pork in a food processor)
- 3 shredded carrots (can be blended in a food processor)
- 2 shredded potatoes (can be blended in a food processor)
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- egg wash to seal the wrapper
Directions for marinating the spring roll filling
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together in a large mixing bowl.
- Massage the mixture until everything is mixed thoroughly and blended.
- Once the filling is blended, cover the mixing bowl with the filling with plastic wrap and put into the fridge for overnight.
Directions for wrapping the spring rolls
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge to prepare for wrapping.
- Peel the wrappers and set them aside, keep them covered to avoid drying them out.
- Place a sheet of spring roll wrapper in a diamond shape facing towards you. Using a tablespoon, scoop a half tablespoon of the filling and place the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper perpendicular to the corner and roll the spring roll upwards.
- To seal the spring roll, use a slurry mixture of water and rice flour, or cornstarch, or an egg wash to seal. Continue to repeat steps until all of the filling and wrappers are used up.
- Place the wrapped spring rolls into a large freezer bag and seal and place in the freezer or cook and serve immediately. The spring rolls can be saved in the freezer for 5-6 months.
Directions for deep frying the spring rolls
- In a medium saucepan, bring oil that is suitable for frying up to 350°F.
- Add 3-5 spring rolls to the oil and fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Once the spring rolls are golden brown, remove the spring rolls from the frying oil.
- Place them on a plate lined with paper towel or in a strainer to allow the spring roll to cool.
Directions for baking the spring rolls
- Set the temperature of an oven to 375°F – 400°F.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, place the spring rolls onto the sheet pan and place into the oven.
- Bake the spring rolls for 30-40 minutes. The spring rolls will be a slight golden yellow colour when it is done. Remove a spring roll and check for doneness.
- If the spring rolls are done, remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow the spring rolls to cool.
Whether you needed to know how to make vietnamese egg rolls, simple vietnamese spring rolls, vietnamese fried egg rolls, vietnamese spring rolls, vietnamese cold spring rolls, vietnamese fresh spring rolls recipe authentic or even vietnamese deep fried spring roll recipe, our homemade vietnamese spring rolls will not disappoint. We hope that you are inspired by these Vietnamese Pork Spring Rolls Recipe. Happy cooking!