Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats We are huge lovers of RICE KRISPIES in this house. In fact, they are one of our favorite cereals. My kids and I especially love Cocoa Krispies but I...
Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Toffee Pecan Shortbread Tarts
I am all about the cookies. I absolutely love them. I crave them. I dream about them. And I bake some of the best ones I have ever tasted. Not to brag but I work and work until I perfect a recipe. I might make the same recipe 3-4 or times to make certain it's what I want. Recipe creation isn't easy because I want every cookie or baked good I make to be amazing. I want people to talk about them. That is how serious I am about cookies. Recipes can take forever to develop or they can be family recipes passed down through generations. When I look back at all of my family recipes, I noticed that at least half of them are desserts. I am not as all surprised. We hope that you love these Toffee Pecan Shortbread Tarts or shortbread squares recipe shortbread toffee bars.
Shortbread toffee bars
Ingredients for shortbread squares recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
Ingredients for chocolate topping
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees
- Cream together the sugar, maple syrup, salt and butter. Add in the flour and pecans until smooth.
- Divide into two pieces and press into 4-5 inch mini tart pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes before carefully pulling from the oven and filling the center with the toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the chocolate bits are melty. Allow to cool before serving.
Remember that when it comes to baking, it's more precise than regular cooking which means you can't experiment too much although feel free to add some extra ingredients. What it means is that you should follow the recipe exactly and then make your additions of the flavor ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips. Whether you make shortbread squares recipe shortbread toffee barsWe hope that you are inspired by these Toffee Pecan Shortbread Tarts. Happy baking!