Chewy Butter Toffee Cookies Recipe This is my absolute favorite cookie recipe, quick, chewy and spot hitting every time! It is also part of bigger and more insanely delicious cookie recipe: Ganache Dipped Ice...
Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Recipe
Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
My two favorite flavors to combine are chocolate and cinnamon. Cinnamon is earthy and woody and is the perfect companion to semi-sweet chocolate. At least that is my opinion. This time I tried something a little different. I am loving the flavor of salt combined with something sweet. Adding the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt gave this recipe some texture (a nice crunch) which just causes the flavors to explode in your mouth. The chocolate, the cinnamon, the vanilla, the glazed pecans and the sea salt gave some intense flavors that combined so perfectly together. The taste is amazing! We hope that you love our Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes. If your children are helping, double the time.
Cook Time: 10-14 minutes (depending on size)
- 1 1/3 cup (2+ sticks) unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large brown eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2¾ cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (add more to for taste and texture)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups of glazed pecans (see recipe below)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (never be stingy with the chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. I used my Kitchenaid and beat the mixture for about 4 minutes on medium speed.
- To the creamy mixture above, I added both of the brown eggs along with the vanilla. I beat the mixture for 3 more minutes.
- In a separate bowl, I added the baking soda, baking powder and flour. I ground up about two teaspoons of the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and sifted that into the mixture.
- Next add the cinnamon and completely blend the dry ingredients.
- Fold the creamed mixture into your dry mixture bowl. Fold completely until there is no flour visible. Add chocolate chips and pecans making certain that they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. The cookie batter should be very thick at this point.
- Make 2 inch round balls of cookie dough and place them onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes (10-12 minutes for smaller cookies). Make certain that the edges are golden brown. Cookies should be golden brown.
- Take cookies from oven and place them on cooling rack.
We hope that you love this Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Recipe. Happy baking
Serious cookie aficionados have these tools because they make cookie making so much fun:
Cookie Jar with Airtight Lid | Cookie Press | Round Cookie Cutter/Fondant Cake Cutter/Biscuit Cutters Kit
Glazed Pecans Recipe
- 2 1/4 tablespoons butter
- 2 3/4 tablespoons packed darn brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 cups pecans (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and then add brown sugar and syrup. Mix well. Cook until bubbly while stirring constantly.
- Add pecans. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until all pecans are thoroughly coated. Spread mixture onto non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with a light mist of cooking spray.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and cool completely.
- Crush in a sealed bag with a meat tenderizer until pieces are very small. Seal in air tight container until use. Last about 2-3 weeks.
We hope that you love these Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and the Toasted Glazed Candied Pecans. Happy baking!