Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Potatoes Recipe I admit it. I am in love with my crockpot and indeed slow cookers. They are easy to use and clean. The results are fantastic. And...
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe | Protein packed breakfast idea
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
Yogurt is one of my favorite breakfast foods and my top snack pick because of the protein. However, I really want it to taste good as well as give me what I need to power through my day. If you are searching for an instant pot ultra yogurt recipe, making yogurt in pressure cooker, yogurt in an instant pot recipe, pressure cooker yogurt setting, making yogurt in power pressure cooker xl, how to make yogurt in instant pot pressure cooker or even pressure cooker yogurt recipe, then this easy instant pot yogurt recipe is exactly what you need. We hope that you love this Instant Pot yogurt recipe.
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
- 2 quarts of quality whole milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of an organic yogurt that has at least 6 strains of live and active cultures & probiotic bacteria
- 1 or 2 probiotics capsules (optional)
- glass canning jars in sizes of your preference (or make yogurt in the inner pot & then transfer to sealable container after yogurt making process is complete)
IMPORTANT TO KEEP IN MIND: This recipe will utilize your Instant Pot (IP) for about a day.
- Sterilize your pot and containers by pouring two cups of water into the inner pot, set in your jars and select the Steam setting for 2 minutes high pressure. When the pot beeps, allow it to natural pressure release (NPR). Then carefully remove the jars, set in a clean place and let the pot cool down all the way.
- Pour whole milk into the dry inner pot, once cooled and close the lid. Please note that the lid doesn’t lock when the Yogurt setting is selected. Adjust the Yogurt setting to boil, at this point the pot is supposed to know when the milk hits 180 degrees and it will beep… but please be sure to give it a quick stir and then double check this for yourself as it is critical in making successful yogurt that thickens.
- Fill your sink with cold water and then set the inner pot down into it. Stirring will help reduce the heat faster. Ideally you’ll want it between 95 and 110 degrees. This is when you want to mix in the optional probiotic and required tablespoons of yogurt, do this slowly and make sure it is fully incorporated. You may now choose to transfer the liquid into jars (and wash the pot) or leave it in the metal inner pot.
- Return the inner pot to the outer IP and replace the lid, still set to venting. Adjust the Yogurt setting up to 10 hours and then you can walk away. Plan to start this early in the morning or late a night to maximize your time. At the end of the 10 hours the pot will beep and the display will read YOGT.
- Carefully cover the yogurt and place in the fridge for 6-8 hours. It will thicken as it chills. Once it has fully set you can add sweeteners, flavoring like cinnamon and vanilla or berries and granola.
- If stored properly, this will likely last about 2 weeks.
Whether you needed an instant pot greek yogurt recipe, to know how to make yogurt in a pressure cooker, making yogurt in electric pressure cooker, can i make yogurt in my power pressure cooker xl, how to make yogurt in power pressure cooker, yogurt recipe for instant pot or even recipe for yogurt in the instant pot, then our instant pot yogurt recipe easy will not disappoint. We hope that you are inspired by this Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe. Happy cooking.
Get your own Instant Pot here.
More Instant Pot recipes: