Holiday candy dipped cookie marshmallow sandwiches recipe I love me some cookies. And cookie sandwiches? OMG. Don't these just look amazing? They taste just as good as they look. This recipe is pretty straightforward...
Ezekiel Bread Eggs in a Basket Recipe
This Eggs in a Basket Recipe | Made Healthier with Handsome Brook Farm Organic, Pasture Raised Eggs and Ezekiel Bread post is sponsored by Handsome Brook Farm. All opinions and this recipe are our own.
Eggs in a Basket Recipe | Made Healthier with Handsome Brook Farm Organic, Pasture Raised Eggs and Ezekiel Bread
I am a lover of breakfast food. In fact, I love breakfast food so much that I could eat it literally for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast for dinner is one of family favorites. Eggs are a huge part of my diet. After losing 160 in the past three years, eggs quickly became my go-to food for the protein and vitamin benefits. We always have hard boiled eggs in our refrigerator. We also go through about 24 eggs each week in this household because we are always finding new recipes. We took my all time favorite egg dish, Eggs in a Basket, made it healthier and just plain better by using Handsome Brook Farm Organic, Pasture Raised Eggs. We hope that you love this Eggs in a Basket Recipe | Made Healthier with Handsome Brook Farm Eggs and Ezekiel Bread post.
Eggs in a Basket Recipe
This simple recipe is made with my favorite bread in an updated twist on an old favorite. I skip the bacon, add fruit and I have the perfect breakfast. Or lunch or dinner.
- Handsome Brook Farm Organic, Pasture Raised Eggs
- Ezekiel or other sprouted grain bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- round cookie cutter
- cast iron skillet
- Gather all of your ingredients and cooking utensils. Using a circle cookie cutter (or a butter knife or a juice glass), cut a hole in each piece of bread.
- Heat your cast iron skillet and add a pat of butter to grease it so that your food doesn't stick.
- Put your bread in the pan (we cook two pieces at once) and add half a pat of butter to the middle of each hole.
- Once the butter is very hot, crack your Organic and Pasture Raised Eggs from Handsome Brook Farm into each hole. Use your spatula to move the eggs and bread around to ensure they don't stick.
- When your egg is set, carefully flip over the bread/egg over being extremely careful to not break the yolk. Add the round holes that you cut into your pan to toast for dipping the yolk.
- Salt and pepper as desired. Serve with fruit.
About Handsome Brook Farm
Handsome Brook Farm takes a modern approach to traditional farming methods. They have built their own unique supply network of small, organic family farms that offers everyone— from hens to farmers and consumers—a good deal. HBF hens live 400 to an acre (farmers acres of organic rotated pasture solely to their birds), get frequent health checkups, have special nesting areas spend their days soaking up the sun (gotta get that Vitamin D) and they produce these delicious, Organic and Pasture Raised Eggs.
With Handsome Brook Farm, their eggs are not cage free or free range; instead their eggs are just free Organic and Pasture Raised Eggs. Each and every pasture raised, ethically sourced, farmers-market-quality egg is also paving the way for big changes in the food industry. Their interconnected series of small family farms proves that it’s possible to produce better quality food with greater care and still thrive like crazy (just ask their farmers).
We hope that this Eggs in a Basket Recipe | Made Healthier with Handsome Brook Farm Eggs and Ezekiel Bread post has inspired you. Happy eating!
Get social with Handsome Brook Farm