This 5 Ways to Prepare Kids for Back to School post has been sponsored ZonePerfect. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 5 Ways to Prepare Kids for Back to School With school starting...
5 Reasons Why It’s Cool to be Kind for Kids
5 Reasons Why It's Cool to be Kind for Kids #ItsCoolToBeKind #BeInternetAwesome
Y'all know how much I love the Google's. All of them. My husband and I are huge fans of Google because they really align with our parenting philosophies which is so important to me as a parent. Google does so much good and nothing makes me happier than to see this amazing campaign called Be Internet Awesome. We hope that you love this 5 Reasons Why It's Cool to be Kind for Kids #ItsCoolToBeKind #BeInternetAwesome post.
Read our previous Google posts:
Kindness isn't just something that you can practice. Kindness can be a way of life as well. My husband and I are frequently told that our children are incredibly kind. To me, this is one of the biggest compliments that I can receive as a parent. Raising kids to be kind has always been our goal and it's pretty amazing that these three children LOVE to be kind. They love to go out of their way to do things for others and they are always coming up with ways that we can help people out by being kind.
“Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Affection, gentleness, warmth, concern, and care are words that are associated with kindness.” ~ Psychology Today
5 Reasons Why It's Cool to be Kind
- Kindness is contagious. Just like smiling, kindness tends to spread around as soon as someone starts it. It can begin with a small, simple act or you can do something large.
- Kindness helps with anxiety and stress. Being kind helps lower stress levels and decreases anxiety in everyone!
- Kindness lets you make connections. Being kind gives you an opportunity to meet people you might not have otherwise met.
- Kindness comes back around. We all know that what comes around goes around like the old saying says and this is fabulous when it comes to kindness. I see kids doing kind things for my children and others.
- Being kind to yourself is important. This is hugely important. How often are we tough on ourselves but kind to others? Being kind to yourself can be as simple as smiling at yourself in the mirror or leaving positivity notes around your home. Taking a mental health day for yourself is also an act of kindness.
It's Your Turn – Random Acts of Kindness
It’s cool to be kind. We all know it. You can also be a positive digital citizen by treating others how you’d like to be treated online, just as in real life. How you and your friends treat each other online will have a big impact on the digital world. Now it's your turn to do random acts of kindness online with the #ItsCoolToBeKind hashtag to join the challenge and model the kind behavior to your kids. Find somewhere (or someone) that could use kindness or positivity online.
Examples of Acts of Kindness:
- Post a positive comment about a friend’s picture or video.
- Be an upstander and report negative behavior.
- Send a positive message to a friend.
- Help your kids spread kindness online with Kind Kingdom.
Families Be Internet Awesome & Join the Movement
Play Interland with your kids and put your kindness skills to the test at g.co/KindKingdom
We hope that you are inspired by this 5 Reasons Why It's Cool to be Kind for Kids #ItsCoolToBeKind #BeInternetAwesome post. What act of kindness will you perform?