This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Have you ever visited the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry website? They have lots of recipes and delicious goodies...
Skillet Enchilada Soup
This soup is perfect for cooler fall weather, ridiculously easy, and uses just one pan! What’s not to love about a recipe like that? If you love the flavor and textures of traditional beef enchilada’s this soup will become a favorite of the whole household. Customize for your tastes, go hotter if like it spicy, sub in kidney beans for black. You can use corn, flour, or even whole wheat tortilla’s.
SKILLET ENCHILADA SOUP
- 2-3 tortillas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1-19 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1- 10 oz. can mild diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1-10 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups of V8 Original 100% Vegetable Juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Using scissors or a large kitchen knife cut tortilla’s into small strips about ¼” wide by 1” long. Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss tortillas in pan with hot oil, stirring frequently until toasted well.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown 1 pound of ground beef over medium heat, drain fat.
- Add enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, and V8. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese until melted thoroughly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a few tortilla chips on top.
- This soup freezes very well. After cooling completely, spoon into freezer bags, remove as much air as you can and freeze flat. Don’t forget to label the bag contents with a sharpie, and date it as well.
As I shared with you last time, V8 is on a mission to get the world to step up and celebrate veggies with the V8 VegOut Challenge. You can join the community on Facebook for one month of daily challenges, dares and surprises all while loving your veggies at the same. Participating is a great way to eat your veggies and have a little fun in the process. The V8 VegOut! Challenge is aiming to celebrate vegetables and engage consumers to share their passion for veggie and the brand in a fun and social way.
We have consumed a lot more vegetables in this challenge. It has been fun to see how many veggies we can consume each day. My husband and I got a little competitive. The kids even joined in. We have had fun!
GET SOCIAL WITH V8
Visit the V8 Website
Join the V8 VegOut Challenge
Check out V8 on Instagram
Tweet with V8 on Twitter