Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Root Vegetables Recipe This recipe will give you a quick and delicious alternative to powdered brown gravy mixes (that often include dairy in their ingredients). The...
Easy Skillet Chicken Enchilada Soup
Easy Skillet Chicken Enchilada Soup Must Try
This soup is perfect for cooler fall weather, ridiculously easy, and uses just one pan! What’s not to love about a recipe like that? If you love the flavor and textures of traditional beef this soup will become a favorite of the whole household. Customize for your tastes, go hotter if like it spicy, sub in kidney beans for black. You can use corn, flour, or even whole wheat tortillas.
If you are looking for cheesy chicken enchilada soup, easy chicken enchilada soup, white chicken enchilada soup, chicken and enchilada soup, chicken soup enchiladas or even the best ever chicken enchilada soup recipe, you will love our chicken tortilla soup with enchilada sauce. We hope that you love this Skillet Chicken Enchilada Soup.
Our top skillet recommendations: Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Bundle | Le Creuset Signature Iron Handle Skillet | Le Creuset Signature Iron Handle Skillet
Skillet Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2-3 tortillas
- 1 lb. chicken, sliced
- 1-19 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1- 10 oz. can mild diced tomatoes and chiles (we love Rotel)
- 1-10 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups of tomato juice, unsalted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Using scissors or a large kitchen knife cut tortillas into small strips about ¼” wide by 1” long. Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss tortillas in pan with hot oil, stirring frequently until toasted well.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown 1 pound of ground beef over medium heat, drain fat.
- Add enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, and V8. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese until melted thoroughly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a few tortilla chips on top.
- This soup freezes very well. After cooling completely, spoon into freezer bags, remove as much air as you can and freeze flat. Don’t forget to label the bag contents with a sharpie, and date it as well.
Whether you wanted to know how to make chicken enchilada soup or wanted a recipe for healthy chicken enchilada soup, this chicken soup enchilada recipe is perfect. We hope that you are inspired by this Skillet Chicken Enchilada Soup. Happy cooking!