Spicy Deviled Eggs with Crisp Pancetta Recipe I was a fan of tapas before tapas was even cool. I have always loved the idea of small plates when dining. I think that getting a...
One Skillet Dinner – Steak, Rice, Peas and Green Beans Recipe
This is a quick go to favorite in our house. Hardly any mess and no fuss at all! Use your favorite cut of meat and veggies to customize it each time its made.
ONE SKILLET DINNER
- 2 6oz portions of bison steak
- ¼ pound of green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- orange zest (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- dash of Worcester sauce
- 1 pack of instant/90 second rice (We love & used this: Instant Quinoa And Brown Rice Mix By Seeds Of Change)
- Start by heating your large skillet to medium high.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, when it starts to bubble place your steaks right on top, sprinkle with a dash of wishishere sauce. You will want to cook about 4 minutes on each side. Cook time will greatly depend on the thickness of your steaks along with the temperature you would like them cooked too (medium, medium well…)
- Once your steaks have been cooking for 2 minutes add your green beads , orange zest and 1 tablespoon of butter, toss as needed for even cooking. This recipe will result in an al dente bean.
- When the timing is right, flip your steak.
- At this time you’ll want to start your rice in the microwave.
- When done, add both your rice and peas to the skillet with the final tablespoon of butter, turn of the heat (things will continue to cook thanks to the skillet).
- Let the rice absorbed the butter, liquids from the steak and veggie flavors for a few minutes and then serve or eat right out of the skillet.