Now that it's May, I bet that you are interested in this month's ipsy box, right? Here is what we thought of the May ipsy box with you! I'm always so excited to receive...
Sweet Orange Lip Scrub Recipe
I am such a big fan of scrubs or really any way to exfoliate my body. For years, I have purchased products from around the world for their smell, for how well they work or simply because they were recommended by someone else. I am definitely a beauty product junkie.
I finally decided to make my own lip scrub because I can use the products that I love plus make a very high quality. I love making things like this lip scrub that lasts a while and makes your lips incredibly smooth.
This recipe will make enough sweet orange lip scrub to fill 2 small lip balm containers.
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 orange
- 5-6 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sugar and almond oil. Mix until blended well.
- Add the orange juice, essential oil and Vitamin E oil. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 1 month.
- Wet lips with warm water.
- Generously apply the sweet orange lip scrub to lips and massage in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite lip balm moisturizer.