I am a beauty product junkie. I always have been. My mother sold Avon back in the day and I used to hoard the tiny lipsticks. I loved them. These days, I am all...
Sweet Orange Lip Scrub Recipe
I am such a big fan of scrubs or really any way to exfoliate my body. For years, I have purchased products from around the world for their smell, for how well they work or simply because they were recommended by someone else. I am definitely a beauty product junkie.
I finally decided to make my own lip scrub because I can use the products that I love plus make a very high quality. I love making things like this lip scrub that lasts a while and makes your lips incredibly smooth.
This recipe will make enough sweet orange lip scrub to fill 2 small lip balm containers.
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 orange
- 5-6 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sugar and almond oil. Mix until blended well.
- Add the orange juice, essential oil and Vitamin E oil. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 1 month.
- Wet lips with warm water.
- Generously apply the sweet orange lip scrub to lips and massage in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite lip balm moisturizer.