With Valentine's Day just around the corner, why not get away from those old standby recipes and make something exciting this year? These Jell-o hearts are just adorable and kids love them! JELL-O HEARTS...
Mocha Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Toffee Icing
Cupcakes are one of my favorite things to make. There are so many options and they are so fun for kid's parties. We made these for our Disney Junior Party and to celebrate Halloween. Everyone loved them!
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CARAMEL TOFFEE ICING
2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's dark cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup hot brewed coffee
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup whole milk (hot)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup Hershey's mini chocolate chips (semisweet)
1 cup Heath toffee bits
24 Brach's Candy pumpkins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake pans with paper cup liners and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, and salt. Stir until well combined.
3. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla to the dry mixture and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Slowly stir in the hot brewed coffee (batter will have a thin consistency).
5. Fill cups 2/3 full with cupcake batter.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (rotate pans halfway through for best results).
7. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing them.
8. Completely cool the cupcakes on wire racks before applying the icing.
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar and bring to a low boil. Stir for one minute.
3. Place saucepan in refrigerator to cool for 20 minutes.
4. Remove pan from refrigerator and add milk. With an electric mixer, blend until smooth (about 45 seconds).
5. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
6. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
7. Top with mini chocolate chips and Heath toffee bits.
8. For an extra “autumn” touch, top a Brach's candy pumpkin on top of each cupcake.