As the sun goes down and trick-or-treaters start roaming the streets of your neighborhood, there are several things you may worry about as a parent or guardian. I worry constantly on Halloween about my...
Handprint Tree Template
Handprint Tree Template
It’s that time of year when I start to think of fun and easy crafts my kids can create that I can later on use as gifts for family members during the holiday season. A handprint art tree definitely tops the list because a family tree handprint craft becomes a keepsake to cherish throughout the years. Not only is it one of the most inexpensive kids crafts you can make, it is cute enough to frame in a nicer picture frame and present as a gift item for grandparents, aunts and uncles at Christmas. Or if you are like me, frame and use as wall art in your homeschool classroom or even dining room. We had everyone in our family do one so it was like a little family tree collage in our hall. This is one of the simplest crafts and of course the kids love being told to play in their pants with this Handprint Tree Template or our tree template for fingerprints.
Family Tree Handprint Craft
- Multi-color water based paints
- Washable markers
- Paint brush
- Construction paper
- Picture frame(s) in desired sizes
- Tree template for fingerprints
- Start by drawing or painting the bottom of your tree on chosen paper. You can print the tree template for fingerprints right onto the construction paper. Doesn’t have to be fancy, as you can see in my photo. Just a simple tree outline. If you are more artistic you can use paint or colored pencils even to fill in the tree trunk and make it look more realistic.
- Allow your child to dip the tips of their fingers in desired colors of paint and simply “dot” their fingerprint as leaves all over the trees. You may wish to do this in all fall colors and show some leaves falling or even a small pile of fallen leaves under the tree. Younger children will require some supervision with this part so they don’t glob prints on top of each other.
- Allow painting to dry and frame as desired.
This is such a simple craft to do with your children but it really does create some unique photos you can hang or give as gifts. I also like the concept of doing one each year around a certain date and then comparing when your child is an adult to see their hands growing. I have also seen the large multi picture frames with the word Family in the center with these pictures in them to show the “family tree” as a handprint art tree.
Have fun and remember that this family tree handprint craft is a great way to interact with your children while creating something fun to use in your home. The tree template for fingerprints are easy to print and trees are easy to customize. We hope that you love this Handprint Tree Template craft.