Caramel Pretzel Crunch Brownies Brownies are one of my favorite desserts. I love chocolate and these brownies are so amazing when they are fresh out of oven still a little warm. The chocolate is...
Disney Pixar Finding Nemo Sugar Cookies Recipe: Dory Cookies + Ultimate List of Finding Dory Crafts, Recipes & More
With the recent release of Disney's Finding Dory, we just had to share this adorable and fairly simple to make Disney Dory Sugar Cookies Recipe. These Dory cookies are just the cutest things I have ever seen. I really love them. These would be fun to make with tween girls. The drawing and decorating would be a cool exercise and would keep everyone entertained. Or just make them for everyone to eat. Either way, people will be delighted by these Disney Pixar Finding Nemo Sugar Cookies Recipe: Dory Cookies.
yields 5 dozen cookies
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup soft unsalted Kerrygold butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- circle cookie cutter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- blue, black, yellow, brown gel food coloring
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl. Add all 4 eggs at one time while mixing. Add vanilla and continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball. Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter. (if needed). Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring). If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powdered sugar. Divide the icing into 5 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains white. The second bowl of icing, add several drops of blue gel food coloring. Stir to mix. In the third bowl, add several drops of black into the icing and mix. In the fourth bowl, add several drops of brown into the icing and mix. In the fifth bowl, add several drops of yellow into the icing and mix.
- Spoon a little bit of each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Squeeze the majority of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this icing and stir to mix the water and icing together.
- Using an edible marker, draw on Dory using an easy Finding Dory cartoon image to replicate her.
- Using the blue icing, fill in the blue part on her body as well as the line on her fin. Wait 10 minutes for everything to harden slightly.
- Using the black icing, fill in the black part of her body, tail, and fin. Using the yellow icing, fill in her tail, and both fins.
- Using the white icing, fill in her eyes. Using the brown, add a small dot in the middle of her eyes, for a iris. Using the black icing, add the pupil.
- Let dry for 4 hours before enjoying!
No matter who you make these cookies for, they will be appreciated. We hope you love this Disney Pixar Finding Nemo Sugar Cookies Recipe: Dory Cookies. Happy baking!