Watermelon Mojito Recipe We like to entertain in this house. I love nothing more than having a good dinner and get together with a bunch of friends. My husband and I especially love creating...
Elderflower and Rose Lemonade
Elderflower and Rose Lemonade
Do you know how to make elderflower lemonade? Well look no further because we have a lemonade recipe that will put all other drink recipes or lemonade recipes to shame. Lemonade is such a cool and refreshing drink that adding some interesting flavors like elderflower makes it that much better. This is a favorite of our elderflower syrup drink recipes and one of the recipes using elderflower syrup that everyone asks for. We hope that you love this Elderflower and Rose Lemonade recipe post.
Elderflower Rose Lemonade
Prep time 5-10 minutes | Serves 8
Ingredients for the elderflower rose lemonade
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 cup of elderflower syrup or concentrate
- 1-1 1/2 tsp NielsonMassey Rose Water for baking
- juice from 6 large lemons
- 6 cups of water
- swingtop glass bottles or glass pitcher to store lemonade
Directions on how to make elderflower and rose lemonade
- To start your elderberry lemonade, add honey to 1 cup of the water in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently over medium heat until honey is mixed well in the water and a simple honey syrup is created. Don’t overheat.
- Pour the syrup in a large pitcher.
- Add in the elderflower syrup and juice from the lemons
- Add in the remaining 5 cups of water and stir well.
- Add a generous amount of ice to the pitcher and serve.
- For a more sour lemonade add more lemons. For a sweeter lemonade add more elderflower syrup or more honey mixture.
- Don't overheat the honey mixture as it can decrease the health benefits of the honey. We used a raw, unfiltered honey with a mild taste and not so “honey-ish” tasting.
- Got our elderflower “concentrate” also known as a syrup, at ikea. You can get elderflower syrup on amazon. But it comes with a second lingonberry syrup (which is actually really yummy as a soda if you’ve never had it, tastes like cranberry) but not really worth buying on amazon. I think I paid 6-8 bucks at ikea for my bottle.
Have you ever mixed lemonade and elderflower? This Elderflower Rose Lemonade is an excellent beverage choice. This is a favorite of our elderflower syrup drink recipes and one of the recipes using elderflower syrup that everyone asks for. Now that you know how to make elderflower lemonade, you can even make an elderflower lemonade cocktail to share with friends. Lemonade with elderflower is such a delicious flavor that I am looking for more elderflower drink recipes. You can easily make a elderberry lemonade or elderflower rose lemonade by modifying this recipe. We hope that you are inspired by this Elderflower and Rose Lemonade Recipe.
What is Elderflower?
Elderflower is the flower of the elder tree, Sambucus nigra. It is a member of the Caprifoliaceae family, which also includes honeysuckle, clematis, and viburnum and it is native to Europe, Asia, and North America. It is a common sight in hedgerows and woodlands, and it can also be grown in gardens. The flowers are white, fragrant, and have a slightly sweet taste. They are typically harvested in the springtime and used to make a variety of products, including elderflower cordial, elderflower wine, and elderflower liqueur. Elderflower can also be used to make jellies, syrups, and desserts.
In addition to its culinary uses, elderflower has also been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It has been traditionally used to treat a variety of ailments, including colds, flu, and headaches. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support these claims.
Elderflower has a sweet, delicate flavor that is often described as floral or honey-like. It is used in a variety of foods and beverages, including elderflower cordial, elderflower champagne, elderflower liqueur, and elderflower tea. Elderflower can also be used to make jellies, syrups, and desserts.
Elderflower has a number of health benefits. It is a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Elderflower also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to relieve pain and swelling. In addition, elderflower has been shown to have antiviral and antibacterial properties, which can help to fight off infection.
Ways to use elderflower
When using elderflower, it is important to note that the leaves and stems of the plant are poisonous. Only the flowers should be used.
- Elderflower cordial. Elderflower cordial is a popular drink that is made by steeping elderflower in sugar water. It can be enjoyed on its own or used to make cocktails, mocktails, and other beverages.
- Elderflower wine. Elderflower wine is a refreshing drink that is made by fermenting elderflower in wine. It can be enjoyed on its own or used to make cocktails. It has a sweet, floral flavor that is perfect for summer.
- Elderflower beer. Elderflower beer is a light and flavorful beer that is made with elderflower. It can be enjoyed on its own or used to make cocktails.
- Elderflower syrup: Elderflower syrup is a versatile ingredient that can be used to sweeten food and drinks. It can also be used to make cough syrup and other natural remedies.
- Elderflower liqueur: Elderflower liqueur is a sweet, alcoholic drink that is made by distilling elderflower. It has a delicate flavor that is perfect for cocktails.
- Elderflower tea: Elderflower tea is a soothing drink that is made by steeping elderflower in hot water. It can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Desserts. Elderflower can be used to make a variety of desserts, such as cakes, pies, and tarts.
- Jellies. Elderflower can be used to make delicious jellies that are perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Health benefits of elderflower
- Anti-inflammatory. Elderflower has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in the body. This can be helpful for people with conditions such as arthritis, asthma, and allergies.
- Antioxidant. Elderflower is an antioxidant, which means that it can help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are linked to a number of health problems, including cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer's disease.
- Decongestant. Elderflower has decongestant properties that can help to clear the airways and relieve congestion.
- Diuretic. Elderflower is a diuretic, which means that it can help to increase urine production. This can help to flush out toxins from the body, relieve water retention and can improve overall health.
- Fever reducer. Elderflower has fever-reducing properties that can help to bring down a fever.
- Stomachic. Elderflower is a stomachic, which means that it can help to improve digestion. It can also help to relieve nausea and vomiting.
If you are considering using elderflower for medicinal and/or health purposes, it is important to speak to your doctor first. Elderflower can interact with certain medications, and it is not safe for everyone to use. Elderflower is a safe and versatile herb that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. It is a delicious addition to food and drinks, and it can also be used to make natural remedies.