Craft your own heart shaped puffy pillow without the need to sew a stitch when you give this No Sew Valentine’s Day Puffy Felt Heart a try! Using less than $2 in materials, you can...
Chinese Dragon Luminaria – Step-by-Step Tutorial ~ Perfect for Chinese New Year!
CHINESE DRAGON LUMINARIA INSTRUCTIONS
- Tall Pillar Vase ($1 at Dollar Tree)
- Red Wrapping Paper ($1 Roll at Dollar Tree)
- Alternately you can use a sheet of 8×11 red construction paper ($1 pad at Dollar Tree)
- X-Acto Knife
- Pen or Pencil
- Tea Lights ($1 at Dollar Tree)
1. Measure the length of the candle you purchase, and the circumference.
2. If you are using gift wrap, cut paper to size, providing an extra inch to the circumference measurement. If you are using construction paper, trim it to size, leaving an additional inch to the circumference measurement.
3. Lay your gift wrap or construction paper flat and you can either freehand parts of a dragon face to cutout, or use a template like this one (http://www.firstpalette.com/tool_box/printables/dragonmask.html) as a guide, cutting out only the eyes mouth and ears. I chose to freehand making teardrop eyes, a heart nose, wide mouth with a set of fangs and ribbon mustache and body.
5. Fit the Chinese dragon cutout to your pillar candle, securing with tape in the back. Make sure that the length of the paper allows the pillar vase to rest on the table properly and any paper over the lip of the vase gets trimmed off.
6. Drop a tea light into your vase and light it up to create a Chinese New Year luminaria. Place your Chinese dragon luminaria in a window, on the mantle or even use it as the centerpiece of your table.