Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach is a 20-story, 255-suite hotel located directly on the beaches of South Carolina. Ocean vistas can be enjoyed from the private balcony of each of the property’s 255,...
The What’s Your AWAY? It’s Time to #GoRVing | Enter the @GoRVing Sweepstakes
We are avid travelers. Avid. I am always planning our next trip. For years, I have wanted to go out of the country when we traveled. I have seen a lot of the United States and have always wanted to explore more of Europe. Lately my husband has been mentioning that he wants to see more of the US and he wants to do it in an RV.
At first, I wasn’t too sure about this but these 4 Must-Know Facts About RVs really explains more about RVing. I always thought that it would be small and enclosed. However, I did a little research and learned that many RVs are larger than hotel rooms but offer more amenities. RVs are definitely larger than a cruise ship room and cruising is one of our favorite vacations. I began to warm up to the idea of renting an RV. In fact, my family once rented a camper when I was a kid and we had an amazing time!
Then my husband declared the second part of his RV plan. That plan is to rent an RV for an entire summer. One entire summer to travel in the Western part of the United States. There are so many things on his bucket list that he wants to see with the kids:
- Grand Canyon
- Giant Sequoias
- Mt. St. Helen’s
- Pacific Coast Highway
- And much more!
What really excites me about RV traveling is that there is so much less hassle. We have two small dogs that have been part of our family for less than a year. We want to travel with them and it is not always easy with pets. However, with RV travel, you bring everything with you. Even your pets. There are no flights or hotels to book. No luggage limits. You can bring whatever you need! A kitchen on board means that meals are easy to make.
WHY GO RVING?
- RVing allows constant adventure. Since there is no set schedule, exploration of places along the way is possible.
- Children feel comfortable in the RV, because they can bring their favorite sheets and blankets that make them feel at home. Additionally, they can take a nap during the day if needed.
- RVs have built-in bathrooms, which avoids the need for rest stops, and allows for staying clean while traveling.
- When you go RVing, you bring the kitchen with you, which means there are always (healthy) snacks around. Stop at a farmer’s market and eat local or try something new. This is also a huge bonus if you’ve got picky eaters or kids with food allergies.
- RVs allow safe travel with pets.
- Being in the RV means home away from home, so during travel the family can play games and watch TV to keep the kids happy and busy along the way. It means that travel can be relaxing and convenient. It can also be a great way for the family to unplug and enjoy the entertainment nature has to offer.
- RVs are an affordable way for the family to travel. No airline tickets, baggage fees, hotel bills or restaurant meals.
ENTER THE WHAT’S YOUR AWAY? SWEEPSTAKES
AWAY is a place that’s easy to find and impossible to forget! Whatever it is, an RV can take you there. It’s your place – wherever you want to discover, escape, play, and make memories with the people you love. This is such a fun contest that I truly wish we could win!
TO ENTER VISIT: scholastic.com/youraway and submit a short paragraph of no more than 300 words about an ideal away experience along with your name, email and mailing address.
Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 a.m. ET on 4/1/15 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 5/30/15. Grand Prize Winner receives a trip for four (4) to one of 3 vacation destinations as selected by the Winner for 6 days/5 nights of their choice. The first Two Thousand Five Hundred (2,500) entrants will receive a Scholastic book
GET MORE INFO ABOUT RVING
GET SOCIAL WITH GO RVING
Like Go RVing on Facebook
Tweet with Go RVing on Twitter @GoRVing