CoverGirl is known for their many mascaras and the high quality makeup that they produce. They have a huge variety of different mascaras, such as the CoverGirl Lash Blast line. Now they've come out...
Why and How to Alkalize the Body
Why and How to Alkalize the Body
You've probably seen or heard people drinking alkaline water? But do you know why they do it or if it would work for you? Alkalizing the body means the “pH of your body is in a more alkaline rather than acidic state. The body is always trying to maintain equilibrium at a pH of 7.365, which is slightly alkaline. Why is this good? If your body is in a very acidic state, it will seek balance, and may do so by drawing nutrients from the bones.” That’s exactly why alkalizing the body became important, and while it may seem like just another one of those food fads and trends, it is much more. Read on to know how and why you should do it. We hope that you enjoy this Why and How to Alkalize the Body post.
Maintaining optimum health is a challenging task today with many factors at play around us that are determined to impact it negatively- from stress to exposure to toxins in the environment. It has been found several times that these factors, along with our unhealthy lifestyle that includes little or no physical activity, processed foods and more, tend to cause our bodies to become acidic, which in turn, affects our body systems negatively and gives rise to many health disorders so alkalizing the body can be important.
Why Alkalize the Body
The cells and body systems of our body thrive on good nourishment and healthy food, and since we rely on takeouts and processed food a lot today, our bodies have been deprived of these healthy nutrients, which tends to decrease their productivity. As a result, the body is not able to maintain the pH balance at its optimum level.
Taking steps to alkalize the body can help you in many ways.
- It can help strengthen your immunity and help protect your body against several diseases and health conditions.
- It can keep your organs in top shape and have them functioning like a well-oiled machine.
- Alkalizing your body can also have a positive impact on your skin and can make it glow and appear nourished from within.
- Taking steps to alkalize your body is one of the best ways to fight inflammation.
- It can also help boost your energy levels and help you become more active and energetic.
How to Alkalize the Body
There are several steps you can take to alkalize your body. Following them can help you improve your overall health in many ways.
- Include more of greens in your diet- it may seem difficult, but start with it. Green veggies tend to be a rich source of alkaline minerals.
- When you’re craving for a snack, choose wisely and opt for healthy snacks like nuts, especially almonds which are chock full of natural alkaline minerals that help balance out the acidity in the body.
- Switch to non dairy products and non dairy milk as often as you can.
- Make your diet much more plant based, specifically raw plants. Meats tend to leave an acid residue behind in the body once they are metabolized. Choose veggies like asparagus, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, squash etc.
- Engage your body in physical activity on a daily basis. A sedentary lifestyle can cause accumulation of waste products in the body.
- Skip out on the sugar as much as you can- confectionaries, soda, baked goods and everything else that comes packed with sugar.
Want to know where to start? Start with the book: Alkaline Herbal Medicine: Reverse Disease and Heal the Electric Body and some alkaline water. We hope that you are inspired by this Why and How to Alkalize the Body post.