RSVP for the Friday #WootBirthday Twitter Party plus get Woot's Totally Fun Pricing and Bags of Crap Hey Friends! We are over halfway through Woot's 15th Birthday week celebration and things are getting even...
Watching Netflix For Families this Summer
Did you know that parents spend nearly double on summer entertainment than they do during the holidays?
I know that is definitely true in my household. There are camps, activities, movies and more that mean we spend a lot to entertain our children during the summer. It gets kind of crazy.
One of our favorite activities, however, is for all five of us to pile up on our bed with some freshly popped popcorn and watch a movie together.
I have mentioned several times that we are TV watchers. We really love movies and we love watching them together. We have an amazing Sony Bravia television that makes the movies look fabulous.
It is much tougher to find things to entertain my kids during the summer so we all take turns picking movies. Each child gets a night where they pick and everyone has to watch. The adults do the same. The choice has to be family friendly and something that we have not watched recently. That way, our old favorites can be thrown into the mix as well.
So we stream Netflix. We have several Roku devices in our house, iPads and computers where it is incredibly simple to stream Netflix so even when we are not all watching together, we can still easily watch something. This is honestly the best $7.99 we spend each month.
Here is an example of a curated Family Favorites list on Netflix and many of these are the movies that my kids love to watch over and over again. I like a lot of them as well and so does my husband.
What I love even more is that Netflix is so easy to use. My daughter was four when she first began using it and she is honestly better than me when it comes to finding movies. She adores Netflix and never wants to watch anything else.
MORE ON NETFLIX FOR FAMILIES
- Netflix.com/Families features several new categories including Family Movie Night, Are We There Yet and TV for Curious Kids.
- The new Netflix.com/Families page is available for both members and non-members!
- Many families in the U.S. already have three or more Netflix-ready devices in their household. Netflix works on a wide range of devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, Smart TVs, Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Wii.
- Families with Netflix can enjoy their favorites – always without commercials – anytime, anywhere.
- A one-year Netflix subscription costs less than taking a family of five on two trips to the movie theater – and that’s without popcorn. Netflix delivers big entertainment without breaking the bank ($7.99/month).
Netflix.com/Families is a new destination designed to meet your family’s summertime entertainment needs. On Netflix.com/Families, parents can find lists of movies and TV shows for all kinds of special summer moments.
Visit www.Netflix.com/Families for more information on the best ways to stream as well as videos from families using Netflix.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Netflix.