Bacon Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese One of the concerns when you try to eat less processed foods is that things will be complicated to make or take longer. Today I have a “from...
Vietnamese Egg Roll Recipe with Carrots
Vietnamese Egg Roll Recipe
I really love a good spring roll. I never really realized how much of an Asian influence or how many Asian inspired recipes we have until we started putting them on the blog. Our fridge has a section dedicated to Asian-style sauces, including the fish sauce mentioned below, which is used in many of our Asian-inspired recipes.
If you are searching for a chả giò recipe or vietnamese cha gio or even the best hanoi fried spring rolls, then our vietnamese fried pork spring rolls are exactly the vietnamese pork spring rolls you need. We hope that you love this Vietnamese Egg Roll Recipe with Carrots.
Vietnamese Egg Roll Recipe with Carrots | Chả Giò Recipe
Makes 70-75 spring rolls
Ingredients for the Vietnamese cha gio
- 3 packages of 25 layer fried spring roll wrappers
- 1 lbs of ground pork (or blend any cut of pork in a food processor)
- 3 shredded carrots (can be blended in a food processor)
- 2 shredded potatoes (can be blended in a food processor)
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- egg wash to seal the wrapper
Directions for marinating the spring roll filling
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together in a large mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix and blend the mixture by massaging it.
- After blending the filling, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it overnight.
Directions for wrapping the spring rolls
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge to prepare for wrapping.
- Peel the wrappers and set them aside, keep them covered to avoid drying them out.
- Place a sheet of spring roll wrapper in a diamond shape facing towards you. Using a tablespoon, scoop a half tablespoon of the filling and place the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper perpendicular to the corner and roll the spring roll upwards.
- To seal the spring roll, use a slurry mixture of water and rice flour, or cornstarch, or an egg wash to seal. Repeat the steps until all of the filling and wrappers are used up.
- After wrapping the spring rolls, place them in a large freezer bag, seal it tightly, and freeze them. Alternatively, you can cook and serve them immediately. Spring rolls can be frozen for 5-6 months.
How to make the best Hanoi fried spring rolls
- In a medium saucepan, bring oil that is suitable for frying up to 350°F.
- **Add 3-5 spring rolls to the oil and fry for 4-6 minutes, **or until golden brown and crispy.
- Once the spring rolls are golden brown, remove the spring rolls from the frying oil.
- Place them on a plate lined with paper towel or in a strainer to allow the spring rolls to cool while draining any excess oil.
Baking the Spring Rolls Directions
- Set the temperature of an oven to 375°F – 400°F.
- Place the spring rolls onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, then place the sheet pan into the oven.
- Bake the spring rolls for 30-40 minutes, or until they turn a slight golden yellow. To check for doneness, remove a spring roll and cut it open. **In particular, check that the filling is cooked through and the wrapper is crispy. The filling should be cooked through, and the wrapper should be crispy.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow the spring rolls to cool if they are done.
Directions for Cha Gio Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- After adding frozen spring rolls to the air fryer, fry them for 4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. However, fresh spring rolls take around 3 minutes on each side to cook through.
- Turn over and fry for 4 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and let sit for 3-4 minutes before serving with sauce.
If you're looking for a chả giò recipe, our homemade Vietnamese spring rolls won't disappoint. This Vietnamese egg roll recipe with carrots is sure to inspire you. Happy cooking!