51. That is the number of pairs of Crocs we own in this house. It's true. I counted. We are Crocs lovers in this house. Always have been. When they first came out, everyone...
Sonos Play:3 System Review
Is your music library digital?
Do you use multiple sources for your music, such as iTunes, Spotify, Sirius, and Pandora?
Would you like to listen to all of these sources without being teathered to your computer…throughout your entire house? If you answered yes, the Sonos Play:3 just might be the solution for you.
The Sonos Play:3 All-in-One Wireless Music Player with 3 Integrated Speakers is a system that syncs to all of your music sources and streams them wirelessly to wherever you place the Sonos speakers. You can add speakers to any room…fill your house with them…and then stream your music through your whole house….or….stream your playlist to the living room and stream your wifes playlist to her office….at the same time. All of this is controlled via an app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Hear every song you have and discover more with access to over 100,000 free radio stations and shows worldwide
- Easily connects to your wireless router with included ethernet cable or wirelessly anywhere with addition of Sonos Bridge
- Start with one, expand everywhere – wireless expandability to play different songs in different rooms or play together in sync
- Plays digital music with HiFi sound with 3 driver speaker system, 3 digital amps, 1 tweeter, 2 mid range drivers and 1 bass radiator
- Control from anywhere with your smart phone or tablet – works with Android, iPhone, iPad, and Sonos controller
The Play:3 in its base form is two components. Component one is a small white box called the bridge that you connect to your wireless router. Component two is the speaker.
Setup is a breeze. Really.
You plug the Bridge into your wireless router and plug it in. Then you place your speaker and plug it in. Once done, you load the install software onto your computer. The software will ask you to press a button on the bridge and two buttons on the speakers to sync everything up. The controller software will then launch, and you simply point it to your music file and enter any credentials that are required for streaming services (such as Pandora).
That’s it. You are done. Go listen to music! All in all, setup was simple.
The Sonos Play:3 speakers sound surprisingly rich and full for their size. Volume is more than adequate, easily capable of filling a room with sound.
Controlling the stream of music was also easy and simple. I loaded the Sonos app onto my tablet, and then I had the ability to control everything about the music…from volume to playlist…changing music sources on the fly.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO
In the end you will be hard pressed to find another system that competes with the sound quality and simple installation that the Sonos Play:3 delivers. Music sounds clear and loud, and setup could not be made easier. The Play:3 is a great solution to those looking to stream music throughout their home.
Target is running an in-store only promotion from May 27, 2012 -June 9, 2012 for a free wireless bridge ($49.99 value) with a purchase of a Sonos Play:3 or Play:5 system. This is an unadvertised special and with the whole Father’s Day and Graduation period coming up. A gift like this could really make anyone a ‘gift giving hero’ during the whole Dads & Grads thing.