Celebrate the Holidays with KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Dinner Rolls at Walmart If you read this blog then you might know that I graduated from high school in Hawaii. I have talked about this a...
Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- 1/2 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of quality white chocolate for the top
- In the bowl of your mixer, quickly combine the flour and dry cake mix.
- Add in the room temp eggs, oil and pure vanilla extract. Turn the mixer onto medium for 1-3 minutes or until you have a smooth consistency.
- Remove and place the balled up dough into tight plastic wrap, chill for 1-3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form balls with the dough that is about 1.5 inches around, bake for 10-14. All ovens cook differently so keep a close eye on the first batch to get a better idea for how long the following trays will take.
- Cool completely on racks.
- Follow the package instructions for melting the chocolate, microwave method is fine. You’ll want to use as small of a dish as possible-while still being able to thoroughly mix (and needs to be heat safe).
- With the cookies still on the wire cooling racks, drizzle each cookie with the white chocolate. Placing the racks over the left over parchment paper will save on clean up time. Use a large fork to help speed this step along.
- Let the white chocolate fully set before storing.