We are back again with a fun project / craft / recipe idea that we had so much fun with it. We have made these adorable Reindeer donettes Christmas Cake Pops several times and...
Nutter Butter Chicks
These chicks are just about the cutest things ever. They are also the perfect craft project that little hands can easily help put together. These would also make a great addition to an Easter basket or the perfect gift for your child's teacher.
NUTTER BUTTER CHICKS
- 12 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- 3-4 Orange Starburst
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4″ x 3/4″)
- Cut each of those in half, creating 6 – 1/4″ x 3/8″ rectangles.
- Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for beaks.
- You are going to repeat this process on the other 2 Starbursts to create 24 triangles that you will make 2 cuts in each and separate to make toes on the feet.
- Set beaks and feet aside.
- Heat Yellow Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay cookie in melted candy and spoon mixture over cookie to coat completely.
- Carefully remove from candy so the cookie doesn't come apart, and let excess candy drip off.
- Lay cookie on wax paper.
- Place mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Place beaks and feet.
- Refrigerate to set chocolate.