As an avid snacker, I love to find creative snacks for my family to eat. We were recently sent these delicious snacks and candies from Rite Aid. We opened up every single one of...
Pink Bunny Peeps Sugar Cookies
I have long had a love affair with Peeps. They are just so cute and delicious. You can do so many fun things with them. This time we are back with a fun recipe for Peeps Sugar Cookies and they are absolutely adorable.
Pink Bunny Peeps Sugar Cookies
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Pink and black gel food coloring
Pink Sanding Sugar
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 2 eggs at one time…Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and set it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and (if needed) work some flour into the batter.
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. About 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar. When this sugar is added stir to mix well.
- Take out several tablespoons of the icing into one bowl.
- Put the remaining icing into the other bowl.
- Add several drops of black gel food coloring to the first bowl of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- To the second bowl of icing add several drops of pink food coloring mixing well to make sure the color is blended throughout the entire bowl of icing.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Set the black icing aside.
- Outline each of the cookies with the purple icing.
- Allow this to dry for 30 seconds before filling in the body with the* thinner pink icing.
- Squeeze the majority of the purple icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water, stir to mix,
- Using a butter knife spread the icing all over the cookie. Allow to dry for 1 minute.
- Gently shake the pink sanding sugar all over the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to set for about 5 minutes then shake the excess off of the cookies.
- Using the frosting bag filled with the black icing make each dot for the two eyes and one for the nose.
- Set aside the cookies to allow to completely dry… about 1-2 hours.