Homemade Salisbury Steak with Simple Brown Gravy My husband loves red meat and I love Salisbury steak but I am not a big fan of the frozen boxed kind. Besides the sodium, and preservatives...
Pink Bunny Peeps Sugar Cookies
I have long had a love affair with Peeps. They are just so cute and delicious. You can do so many fun things with them. This time we are back with a fun recipe for Peeps Sugar Cookies and they are absolutely adorable.
Pink Bunny Peeps Sugar Cookies
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Pink and black gel food coloring
Pink Sanding Sugar
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 2 eggs at one time…Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and set it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and (if needed) work some flour into the batter.
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. About 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar. When this sugar is added stir to mix well.
- Take out several tablespoons of the icing into one bowl.
- Put the remaining icing into the other bowl.
- Add several drops of black gel food coloring to the first bowl of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- To the second bowl of icing add several drops of pink food coloring mixing well to make sure the color is blended throughout the entire bowl of icing.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Set the black icing aside.
- Outline each of the cookies with the purple icing.
- Allow this to dry for 30 seconds before filling in the body with the* thinner pink icing.
- Squeeze the majority of the purple icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water, stir to mix,
- Using a butter knife spread the icing all over the cookie. Allow to dry for 1 minute.
- Gently shake the pink sanding sugar all over the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to set for about 5 minutes then shake the excess off of the cookies.
- Using the frosting bag filled with the black icing make each dot for the two eyes and one for the nose.
- Set aside the cookies to allow to completely dry… about 1-2 hours.