There have been four weeks in the #IHeartOmron challenge. If you haven't had a chance, check out my previous posts: Week 1 in the #iheartOmron Fitness Challenge #mamavation Week 2 in the #IHeartOmron Fitness...
Tips for hosting an indoor camping party
Inspired by the upcoming movie, OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY which is in stores now, we held a little family campout this past weekend with a few of my kids' friends. I love that they want to have friends over yet still spend time with us. We love nothing more than to cuddle up together as family and watch a great movie. We make popcorn, have other snacks and just really connect while chatting about whatever we are watching.
However, all great events begin with planning and the key to successful planning is to get yourself as organized as possible. We all had such a fun time that I thought I would share a few of our party planning tips that made everything run smoothly. Let me know what you think and if you have any tips that work for you, please share them in the comments.
Tips for Hosting an Indoor Camping Party
- Spare no blanket or sheet in your home. Part of camping indoors is having a great tent for a place to sleep (at least the kids anyway). We grabbed all available blankets and covered the floor of our living room. Everyone had a space to watch the movie.
- Plan for great snacks. We made popcorn and a few other of our favorite treats. In fact, we had smores as well (see the recipe below) but the kids ate them before I could get a picture.
- Have some backup activities. We had some coloring sheets, crossword puzzles and other activities for the kids. We did that in between movies.
- Consider creating a fun, themed mocktail that matches the movie that you are watching. We made Silly Punch with different colored ice cubes and the kids loved it.
- Finally, obviously you have to have great movies to keep everyone engaged and having fun. We suggest grabbing OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY which is out tomorrow.
OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY
In celebration of Open Season’s 10th Anniversary, Sony Pictures Animation presents an all-new animated movie, OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY, on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD.
Elliot, Boog and all your favorite woodland creatures are back in a brand new, comedy adventure, OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY. When a case of mistaken identity leads both humans and animals to believe there is a monstrous werewolf on the prowl in Timberline National Forest, former hunter Shaw seizes on the opportunity to re-open open season. With Shaw on the loose and all the animals at risk, it's now up to Boog, Elliot, and Mr. Weenie to face their fears, track down the elusive werewolf, and get open season closed permanently.
The Blu-ray™ and DVD releases will be packed with bonus materials including all-new featurettes, bloopers, a director’s commentary track, and an Inside Sony Pictures Animation profile of director David Feiss.
Grab these fabulous snack recipes for your next party!
Make one of these fabulous snack recipes and cuddle up for a family movie night with OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY.
Mr. Weenie’s Sweet N’ Salty Puppy Chow
Boog’s Berry Good Trail Mix
Purchase OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY
Get social with OPEN SEASON: SCARED SILLY
Visit the Official Site
Like ‘Open Season’ on Facebook