Red Velvet Cake Mix Donuts Dark Chocolate & Mint Chip Red Velvet Cookies Red Velvet Waffles Red Velvet Sugar Cookies Red Velvet Cinnamon Cupcakes Red Velvet Buttermilk Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Red Velvet...
Pan Seared Crunchy Rice Cakes over Salad Recipe
Makes about 8-10 cakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 spanish olives, chopped
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Minute White Rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over a medium flame in a medium sized pot.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and olives. Saute until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add the saffron and chicken stock to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, cover, and remove from the heat. Allow the rice to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the cheese, basil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the rice to a shallow pan and refrigerate until cold.
- 1 recipe of rice mixture above
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Portion the cold rice mixture into 1/4 cup servings. Form each serving into a tight ball (like a meatball) and then flatten into a tight disk. Keep your hands moist with water to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Lightly coat a rice cake with flour. Then dip into the eggs, drain off excess, and coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat for the remainder of the cakes. Note: This is much easier to do with cold cakes. If your cakes have become warm, pop them in the refrigerator before moving on to this step.
- In a frying pan, add about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil. Heat over a medium flame until hot. The oil is ready when a rice cake sizzles when put in the pan. Fry each cake for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet pan to absorb any excess grease.
- Serve with your favorite salad. The flavors will go best with Italian and Greek style dressings.