NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot from Sprint
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sprint. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
With back to school in full swing, there are some tips that help me get through ever day. Our days are insanely busy and this means that I have to work a lot on the road while shuttling kids back and forth between activities.
I check and answer emails while sitting at soccer.
I organize blog campaigns and do outreach while waiting at gymnastics.
At lacrosse I try to get a little writing done.
The NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot makes connecting to the internet possible, no matter where I am at. The unit is portable and just as fast as my WiFi at home which makes it something that is perfect for me.
The other day on the lacrosse field, I needed to type a few emails and I couldn't do them on my phone because I needed to attach photos.
TIPS TO GET THROUGH BUSY DAYS
1. Plan ahead.
Make sure that you know where you have to be and when you have to be there. We keep a paper calendar and an online one so a calendar is accessible at all times.
2. Bring snacks and drinks.
I often have a cooler with my stocked with cold drinks and fun snacks like carrots and ranch or apple slices or yogurt.
3. Bring things to pass the time.
Spot It is our favorite game right now and we have several of the different versions. I pack a bag with the games, playing cards, the Rainbow Loom and books. So whenever there is a free minute no one can get board.
4. Get homework out of the way.
We do homework the moment I pick the kids up from school. My kids take their time and do it right but they do it immediately so there is one less thing on our To Do list.
5. Leave early.
Traffic is something that we can never predict. It can take me 30 minutes to get to the soccer fields or five depending on traffic. I always allow for 30.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
- One of the first tri-band devices offered by Sprint
- First 4G LTE mobile hotspot from Sprint with international capabilities using GSM roaming
- Access passwords, SSID information, battery, network signal strength and more with the LCD resistive color touchscreen
- Manage device settings with the easy to use Web User Interface (Web UI)
- Easy to set up and use, no software required for Wi-Fi access
- While the device is tethered via USB extension cable to a computer connect to the network as well as share with 10 devices/users (i.e., will require drivers to be installed that are on the device)
- Expand up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices sharing one connection (devices include laptops, tablets, eReaders, portable gaming systems and more)
- 2500 mAh battery provides up to 10 hours of typical use on a single charge
- GPS functionality (i.e., Location Based Services)
- Equipped with the latest wireless encryption technology so that personal data/information is not shared when lending out your mobile hotspot. It also supports the most advanced mobile security protocols such as NAT Firewall, VPN pass-through, and password-protected administration user interface
Dimensions: 4.3” L (110 mm) x 2.7” W (69 mm) x 0.6” H (15.2 mm)
Display: 2.4” / 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA) resistive LCD touchscreen with data usage meter
Weight: 3.95 Ounces (112 grams)
Frequency: Tri-band: LTE: B25 (1900MHz), B26 (800MHz) & B41 (2500MHz); CDMA: BC0/1/10
Antenna: Internal and External Antenna support – Non-standard adaptor required; 2X2 MIMO (multipleinput and multiple outputs) antenna for LTE
Compatibility: Windows® 8, 7, Vista®, or XP (32 and 64bit), Mac OS® 10.5 or 10.6 and newer (Snow Leopard), Ubuntu Linux 9.04
Battery: Removable Li-ion
GET SOCIAL WITH SPRINT
Talk to Sprint on Facebook
Tweet with Sprint on Twitter
See Sprint in action on YouTube
For more information visit www.sprint.com/mobilebroadband