15 Baked Pasta Recipes Roundup Friendship Casserole / Penny Pincher Jenny Cheesy Baked Pasta with Artichokes & Spinach / Dukes & Duchesses Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole / Milk & Cuddles Carbonara Pasta Casserole Recipe /...
Maple Glazed Ham with Pomegranate and Pineapple Reduction
I have loved ham since I was a little girl. I would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if my parents had let me. My dad was the same way. To this day, I still love ham.
This is even more fun in my family because my two oldest children love ham just as much as I do. They eat it constantly and are always asking me to make it for them. In fact, my son eats a ham sandwich every single day for lunch at school. He never wants or asks for anything different.
So at every holiday, we make a ham for the entire family. I always like enough to have leftovers for sandwiches.
MAPLE GLAZED HAM
WITH POMEGRANATE AND PINEAPPLE REDUCTION
- Spiral cut ham, ours was a little over 8 pounds
- 1 small pomegranate
- 1.5 cups of fresh pineapple
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs, we used thyme
1. Remove the pith from the pomegranate, being sure all of the white fleshy pieces are out.
2. Cut your fresh cut pineapple into 1-2 inch chunks. Reserve about a 1/2 cup total of the fruit mixture.
3. Add fruit and washed fresh herbs to your blender (we used a stick blender and the tall cup that came with it). Puree until smooth then place in and let reduce for 10-15 minutes.
4. This is a great time to preheat your oven to 325 degrees and place your ham in the roasting pan.
5. Smother your ham with the pure maple syrup, pouring slowly, then add the fruit reduction and top with remaining 1/2 cup of whole fruit.
6. Cover loosely with tinfoil and cook about 12 minutes per pound. The beauty of most store bought hams is that they are precooked, so we're really just reheating and glazing.
7. With about a half hour left to cook, remove tinfoil.